Tedder tires?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Tedder tires are getting some serious cracking, one goes down. I see these on Amazon and Ebay for half what they are locally. Anyone ever used any of these? They are seem to be China made. Agri Supply has some also.

Carlisle are considered a good brand as that is what I put on my 4 wheeler. Dang shame, we don't make much in the states anymore. China items seem to be getting better quality and apparently they can produce it pennies on the dollars what here we can.

Carlisle are considered a good brand as that is what I put on my 4 wheeler. Dang shame, we don't make much in the states anymore. China items seem to be getting better quality and apparently they can produce it pennies on the dollars what here we can.
I try to avoid buying anything made in China. Sometimes I screw up but if the country of origin is properly listed I steer clear of CCP.

I try to avoid buying anything made in China. Sometimes I screw up but if the country of origin is properly listed I steer clear of CCP.
Carlisle has a manufacturing facility in Clinton, TN and a newer plant in Jackson, TN. But the "Trail" tire is still manufactured in China. Hankook has built a huge plant here in Clarksville, TN.

Maybe they will soon make the trail tire in the Volunteer state.

Tedder tires are getting some serious cracking, one goes down. I see these on Amazon and Ebay for half what they are locally. Anyone ever used any of these? They are seem to be China made. Agri Supply has some also.
Do not buy less than a 6 ply 15-6-6 or 16.5 x 650x8 rib tire for tour tedder. Also there are some rims out there that only have 400-500 Lbs. Max load rating. You need a wheel tire combo that has 700+ max load or it will fail prematurely.

Carlisle has a manufacturing facility in Clinton, TN and a newer plant in Jackson, TN. But the "Trail" tire is still manufactured in China. Hankook has built a huge plant here in Clarksville, TN.

Maybe they will soon make the trail tire in the Volunteer state.
Well for now we're still one of the few free states so they'd be smart to look at building a plant here.

The price is in line with my price from the wholesaler we use, judging by the price that is a 4 ply tire. That would be good for lawn equipment but I would want a six ply for field work.

Any suggestions on a brand? Local places here just get the cheapest thing.
I would stick with the major brands if I can't actually get my hands on them. Looking at what we can usually get our hands on Carlisle, BKT are good tires, HiRun tires are ok. I put Green Ball tires on my mower the other day they make good ATV tires so I feel good about them. Trelleborg tires are listed as farm tires when I look at them in the size and type you are wanting they should be all right though we've never put any on. I'm sure there are other good brands out there but these are what I've had experience with and can get through our supplier.

Got mine at the LOCAL tire store ; can't tell you the brand but I bought local .

Latest posts