Tedder timing

Help Support CattleToday:

Redman

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to time a vicon Fanex 500 Tedder? It is a 4 basket Tedder and the tunes are clanking together. I checked YouTube and couldn't find the answer.

Here maybe a picture of one. It looks like it might have cog wheels turning the baskets (not gear boxes). Out of timing you may have to take it partially apart and put the cog wheel back in the right place. If you can get it a part should not be that hard to line up. The basket usually will drop down after you remove a pin and then push back up after realigning. That is the way I have fixed a Kuhn before.

https://www.fastline.com/farm-equipment ... a108f.aspx

2dc811ad-0405-4303-a9af-e4c4a7eaa758.jpg

29171522-53a3-4617-992c-1dc4233dda7b.jpg

Figure out how to get at the rotors and drop them down from the drive shaft so you can slip a tooth or two, or figure out hot to get the top off the drive shafts so you can undo the clamps holding it/them to the frame and get one end or the other up in the air to slip a tooth or two.

I reset the timing on a drum mower which is driven like that tedder and taking the top off and loosening the bolts holding the clamp on the drive shaft gave me enough room to rotate the drum shaft enough to get the timing I wanted.

Thanks I'm going to try and get to working on it, but it's been raining pretty much every day, so I can't really use it anyway. But I'm trying to get it fixed so when it's finally dry I can use it

Redman said:
Thanks I'm going to try and get to working on it, but it's been raining pretty much every day, so I can't really use it anyway. But I'm trying to get it fixed so when it's finally dry I can use it

Did you get yours fixed? Mine is now down. How did you take it apart?

Redman said:
Can anyone tell me how to time a vicon Fanex 500 Tedder? It is a 4 basket Tedder and the tunes are clanking together. I checked YouTube and couldn't find the answer.

Neighbor had one needed it ASAP took the limbs off and told me to weld it where he wanted them it wasnt the kind you have though

Latest posts