Tear him up!

Help Support CattleToday:

J+ Cattle

Reaction score
I always enjoyed reading all the comments made whenever someone posts a picture of a new bull or prospective new bull so I thought I would throw myself under the bus.

Here tear him up, interested in hearing comments of his strong points and weak points.

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

J+ Cattle":r0ikzg4t said:
Born on January 10, 2010

CED +8
BW +.9
WW +43
YW +81
CEM +8
Milk +19

These EPD's are in a proper balance for a moderate size bull! I would like to see a little more level top line, and a rear view of the bull, because he APPEARS in these pictures to be slightly cow-hocked. A deeper heart girth would provide more capacity for his progeny, males and females.

For a quick analysis, I think he is a fine herd sire for most average producers. A more extensive analysis could be made with better pictures, and a view of his dam.

DOC HARRIS

If you took some better pictures you would give us a better chance of answering your question ..It looks like a fair bull to me......

I know those weren't very good pictures and these cell phone pics are probably even worse.
He is a little shy and doesn't like the paparazzi.

I don't have a picture of his dam which is Sitz Erica Everalda 783R

IMG00022-20110403-1940.jpg

IMG00024-20110403-1941.jpg

double v":15g2wepi said:
not bad front legs could be alittle thicker, but thats just being picky

Well, isn't that what 'evaluation' is all about? Would you do an evaluation on a bull for his potential as a seedstock bull, and - say to your potential customers, "Well, I was not really being picky when I decided to use this bull for your calves, and your future herd profits! He should have several traits that would be more improved, but - he is good enough for you!"! Don't say that to ME if you want me to buy your stock!

DOC HARRIS

Here tear him up, interested in hearing comments of his strong points and weak points. I could of swore i read this in the first post, just pointing out what isaw from a picture its not like i could evaluate him in person. I know thats what intrested in comments means please evaluate me for seedstock potenial sorry for my ignorance.

the way i see this picture deal """especially on here""" if you cant get a couple decent shots... dont post em till you can ....if it aint a emergency

I agree with Doc's initial opinion, except I didn't feel he was cow hocked, and the additional pics don't show that he is cow hocked to me. He might could stand to be a little wider in the rear, but a decent bull in my opinion.

ALACOWMAN":1oeitzjh said:
the way i see this picture deal """especially on here""" if you cant get a couple decent shots... dont post em till you can ....if it aint a emergency

Agree. It's hard enough evaluating a photo, let alone a bad one. Pretty much a waste of time commenting on bad pics.

Take an extra 5 minutes and take alot of pics and post the best ones. Digital photos don't cost anything.

Latest posts