Teaching new meat customers what to expect

Help Support CattleToday:

Total confidence in the butcher for one. I know that anything that comes off my place will grade some degree of choice.

In the past I've had to screen everything personally. Found this butcher years ago and had no issue but I've got horror stories with others.
Thanks.
If I bought a side from you. Called you after I picked it up and said I don't like it, don't want it. What would be your policy.
I've been in business long enough to know whatever you do you can't please everyone all the time.

To me this is the worst part about direct marketing is the unreal expectation some customers have. I have one customer that buys a quarter every time I butcher some, he'll either complain of too many roasts and not enough ground or too much ground and not enough roasts, you can't have it both ways.
You can have it both ways... buy what you want at the butcher shop.
But you will be paying a big premium to do so.
When we butcher I often buy a few pounds of beef Summer Sausage from our butcher because he makes great summer sausage, but I don't want 30 lbs of it.

Thanks.
If I bought a side from you. Called you after I picked it up and said I don't like it, don't want it. What would be your policy.
I've been in business long enough to know whatever you do you can't please everyone all the time.
Never had that happen but I would give you a refund. I would then check the meat. If it was okay I would not accept another order from you. If there was a problem I would investigate.

I don't charge a premium. People know they can't beat the price so they don't complain.

I haven't had someone not be happy yet.but when it happens I would handle it on a case by case basis.
But as I said earlier I don't sell meat .I sell live animals and am willing to deliver them to a mutually agreed location on an agreed date.

Latest posts