Teaching Math - The Last 50 Years

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo

Reaction score
1. Teaching Math In 1950s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

2. Teaching Math In 1960s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok.)

6. Teaching Math In 2009

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

I must say that we have a decent math department here where I work. Teachers are top notch, for the most part, and stay here, in this crap district, because they care about the students. I am sure that any of them could go to any other school, make more $$ and have fewer headaches.

I'm trying to get out as fast as I can... :help:

Math 1986

grannysoo":3r71umj5 said:
1. Teaching Math In 1950s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

Remember to show all your step, remember your positves and negatives, the right answer will only give you .5 out of 5
x/100=4/5
4(100) / 5x
400/5x
x=400/5
x=80
100-80= 20
$20.00 is the loggers profit

1986 was a long time a go...i'm sure i missed a step but this is how our class would have answered the question for 5 marks. The correct answer was only worth 1/2 a mark though. The steps were worth more to prove you understood the point

2. Teaching Math In 1960s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok.)

6. Teaching Math In 2009

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

6. Teaching Math In 2009

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. He invests his entire profit into General Motors common stock.

Class discussion: Is the logger an idiot or an unfortunate individual, caught in a global economic terror, who needs to be bailed out to cover his investment loss and cost of production? :cowboy:

Latest posts