Teachers with guns

Help Support CattleToday:

Time and a half nationwide = billions and billions of dollars.
You liberals are always so generous with tax dollars.

To pick up on the other thread about when tipping is appropriate, I propose Miss Manners add tipping any who shoot an
active shooter to the list. :tiphat:

Son of Butch":3j8g8kbr said:
True Grit Farms":3j8g8kbr said:
Son of Butch":3j8g8kbr said:
Screw the extra pay, because you'll attract those only seeking extra pay and that type will be where accidents and
bad news come from. I do agree teachers that meet your outlined standards should be allowed to if they choose.

Why should a teacher be required to meet any more standards than what the general public has to for CC? I don't believe in punishing someone because their a teacher and want to CC. Teachers get paid extra for continuing education, so why not add gun training to the list.
Fine pay your liberal teachers that will bring a gun to collect extra pay, but leave the bullets at home on principle.
People (like the Coward County cop) that do it just for the money are useless.

Actually how dumb are they that they have to be trained yearly?
Does Ga require yearly driver training?

Georgia definitely needs yearly driver training for yankees. Not a question of being dumb it's more to become proficient with your gun. A car has brakes and a steering wheel, once a bullet leaves the barrel there's no braking or turning.
Liberals want something for nothing, and are all talk. If you expect a teacher to teach and police, why wouldn't you pay them more? The majority will not CC, my guess is it would be less than the average for CC permit holders.

True Grit Farms":318dh3rf said:
Son of Butch":318dh3rf said:
True Grit Farms":318dh3rf said:
Why should a teacher be required to meet any more standards than what the general public has to for CC? I don't believe in punishing someone because their a teacher and want to CC. Teachers get paid extra for continuing education, so why not add gun training to the list.
Fine pay your liberal teachers that will bring a gun to collect extra pay, but leave the bullets at home on principle.

Georgia definitely needs yearly driver training for yankees. Not a question of being dumb it's more to become proficient with your gun. A car has brakes and a steering wheel, once a bullet leaves the barrel there's no braking or turning.
Liberals want something for nothing, and are all talk. If you expect a teacher to teach and police, why wouldn't you pay them more? The majority will not CC, my guess is it would be less than the average for CC permit holders.
You are right, nobody dies in car crashes anymore... problem solved.

My sister-in-law has a driver license and 94% of time when in a car she's a passenger.
Yet she's 100% competent when she does drive without yearly retraining.

You Democrats are always looking to get into the public's pocket and are all about special interests.
Are you or your children a teacher?

The idea of adding POLICEMAN to teachers title (pure genius TG pure genius) then yes extra pay, but don't hold
your breath waiting for school districts to do it.

I'd be supersized surprised if any teacher was forced to carry a handgun that didn't want to. They would not make a good protector and probably be a big hindrance in that situation. Those people need to hide with the kids behind the desks. You need teachers with the correct mindset and will to preform under those conditions. If you can't find them, then hire it done.

I'm going to tackle the elephant in the room. I think most teachers, liberals, etc don't want guns in classrooms because they're scared of guns. I'm not sure how excited I am about having lethal ammunition in classrooms, but rubber bullets, beanbag cartridges, tazers, something. Also, we need to teach kids to not be such sheep. I've watched the videos from last week. They all hunker down. I understand if the shooter isn't in your room, that's an OK strategy, but be prepared for if the come in. Everyone throw a book at them. It might cause enough confusion to stave off an attack.

Son of Butch":29i2isjy said:
For a 50% pay raise just to CC you'll have 110% teacher participation and have people coming out of the woodwork
to become teachers.
Too many scared liberals. I have teacher friends and they're terrified of being in the same room as a gun.

Son of Butch":3lkcuxks said:
True Grit Farms":3lkcuxks said:
Son of Butch":3lkcuxks said:
Screw the extra pay, because you'll attract those only seeking extra pay and that type will be where accidents and
bad news come from. I do agree teachers that meet your outlined standards should be allowed to if they choose.

Shooting is a perishable skill. So says the FBI.
Maybe not "training", whatever that is, but frequent practice.

Ryder":2vw0p3ht said:
Son of Butch":2vw0p3ht said:
True Grit Farms":2vw0p3ht said:

http://www.frontsight.com/courses/defen ... course.asp

Ryder":1vayhv9a said:
Son of Butch":1vayhv9a said:
True Grit Farms":1vayhv9a said:

It is definitely a perishable skill. Particularly for seniors when eyesight is not as acute.

The Florida cop/School Resource Officer and all other cop/SRO's should have to return 50% of their salary every school
year they don't use their gun. Because they are nothing more than glorified parking lot security guards, but get paid
225% more. Maybe the schools should give them a broom and they could help reduce janitorial costs.
If they have time to lean they have time to clean. :tiphat:

Bestoutwest":2b1hjcgq said:
Son of Butch":2b1hjcgq said:
For a 50% pay raise just to CC you'll have 110% teacher participation and have people coming out of the woodwork
to become teachers.
Too many scared liberals. I have teacher friends and they're terrified of being in the same room as a gun.

I have family and friends who work in districts that have a gun safe in the classroom. The parents of children that attend those districts need to know there is a plan and the shooter will be confronted. Very few teachers actually have a gun but those that do know how to handle one very well. Several are ex military.

Latest posts