Tea party opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

There were all black angus cattle where Dad worked and they did fine. There are tons of them around here.

I request political asylum by the government of the Great Nation of Texas. Can I bring some good woods dogs and horses with me? I'm told East Texas is similar to my terrain.

D.R. Cattle":hzd3pq34 said:
I request political asylum by the government of the Great Nation of Texas. Can I bring some good woods dogs and horses with me? I'm told East Texas is similar to my terrain.

It is similar and quite lovely. I haven't been to that part of the state in a couple of years but it is lovely and green this time of year.

backhoeboogie":umowbmet said:
grannysoo":umowbmet said:
Room in Texas for our bunch and some black angus?

The vet tells me it is not so much the heat of the day time that is detrimental for angus but rather the high over night lows that get them in trouble. The few I have calve in the fall and do okay nursing through the winter. It is just not as efficient from all perspectives but if also gives you another avenue to combat unknowns such as drought.

There are some die hards around here that think they do fine in this climate.

No state tax hear but if they really do this thing, they are going to have to invoke something. Way less than what you'd pay in federal now.

We'd probably lose what we've paid in SSI but that's probably not going to be around in a dozen years anyway.

When you think things out, it all seems more positive than negative.

If our tax bracket gets published, there's probably going to be an influx of rich folks into the state. Maybe even the likes of Bill Gates and such.

I am thinking we should start anew with all the lessons learned. A flat tax would be well received.
We wouldn't need a new tax. we can increase the sales tax if needed. Be careful about being so amped up about accepting new or higher taxes, we'll end up in the same boat we're in now.

Grannysoo hit the nail on the head. Is anybody aware that the newest group on Homeland Security's watchlist for domestic terrorism is returning vets? Fine way for your couhtry to say Thanks. :mad:

I would like to welcome some dissenting opinions. I'm really curious. The folks that lean left on here are not finatics. I'm really interested in their opinions. The media is really polarizing everything and I'm interested to hear what the common person on the left has to say. CNN painted everyone at the rallies as nut jobs. I thought is was rather boring. If anyone ever runs for office, let me know. I'll turn these rallies into parties. :cowboy:

Walt

I am glad to see that WE the people are beginning to raise our voice. We have become complacent and have let a few special interest groups over-shadow what the true majority wants. I hope it continues but I doubt it will.

Txwalt":nac6svh1 said:
I would like to welcome some dissenting opinions. I'm really curious. The folks that lean left on here are not finatics. I'm really interested in their opinions. The media is really polarizing everything and I'm interested to hear what the common person on the left has to say. CNN painted everyone at the rallies as nut jobs. I thought is was rather boring. If anyone ever runs for office, let me know. I'll turn these rallies into parties. :cowboy:

Walt

My former college roommate led a counter protest at one of the tea parties here in Texas yesterday. I believe he was outnumbered about 5000 to 38. His talking points were that "Republicans ran the country for 8 years and got us in this mess and that Obama has only been in office for 3 months - we have to give his policies time to work". He said the protestors were angry right wingers and said that the police had to keep them off of him and his group.

I think he missed the whole point, but we have a hard time communicating these days.

I think the only mistake the protestors made was not showing up in pink underwear. Perhaps they would have gotten more attention that way. :)

Nashville had about 10,000 show up for their rally. All the smaller towns around here had from 500 to 2500 show up. I heard that Fayetteville, TN. had about 6,000 show up. The major local news networks reported on Nashvilles rally by saying that "hundreds" showed up and where "whipped" into a frenzy by local talk show hosts. They must have had both eyes closed and their ears plugged up.

HOSS":gq39v37l said:
Nashville had about 10,000 show up for their rally. All the smaller towns around here had from 500 to 2500 show up. I heard that Fayetteville, TN. had about 6,000 show up. The major local news networks reported on Nashvilles rally by saying that "hundreds" showed up and where "whipped" into a frenzy by local talk show hosts. They must have had both eyes closed and their ears plugged up.

Wouldn't be so bad if the media would just ignore the protests, but they are making fun of them and the folks that participated. I had to look the term up that they are calling us, and I wouldn't use that term to describe anybody. These protests just don't fit the media agenda. It's very sad but it appears that about 75% of the media has lost their objectivity.

If that many folks had dressed in pink and protested the war or if that many folks had protested in favor of amnesty for illegal immigrants, do you think the media would have mocked them and downplayed the crowd estimates?

Skyline it is all backfiring on the media.

Chuck Norris jumped in and said if it did happen, he's going to run for pres.

I don't see Texas running out on the rest of the U.S. and leaving them to pay for the California real estate fiasco.

Lammie I could probably find a 12 year old to put some panting cow videos on U-tube but it wouldn't be good. PETA would jump all over it.

I cut my check to Uncle Sam and it was pretty painful.

FarmGirl10":6528zuoa said:
Am I welcome down there? :) I won't take up much space.
I don't know why none of the Texans answered you. They just must be real busy. But if you are not welcome there, then I aint going either. That'll show 'em.

But I think I can safely say that you would be welcome in any of our southern states.
(Don't forget to bring your knife. Never can tell,)

Some of you all were talking about the media and i'll tell you right now they can not be trusted.Like during the election who ever was ahead in the polls depended on what network you watched.The media doesn't want to report good news only bad stuff or bad people.I'd trust a lawyer quicker than a news person and I can't stand lawyers.

kerley":287t0i1i said:
It was impressive that so many Americans showed up at the Tea Parties, but thats all they were. We can not fight our own Government. I can see it now, party to loud and the cops with tear gas and the National Guard shows up and rolls everyone up. I think it is way to late to do very much. There is no way out. JMO
Tom

The Afgans on horses held off the Russian army for years and they left in defeat.
Freedom is not free and comes at a high cost.
To qoute Thomas Jefferson the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Don't think the movement isn't real walk in any gun store and people are stocking up on ammo by the case,they are doing it out of anger and disgust not fear.
You can not attend any type social event where normal Americans are talking about they have had enough.
This is the fault of both parties the philosphy of never mind the mule just load the wagon is over, the mule is in the ditch.
Americams are fed up supporting people that won't work are here illegally with their hands out.
We have Mexican nationals that walk across the border crossings to attend our schools, eat free provided meals and recieve supplemental income and go home to Mexico everyday. Enough I have nothing against these people I just shouldn't have to support, educate or medicate them.
Washington doesn't think we are smart enough to figure out its our money they are giving away.

FarmGirl10":1hu7dki5 said:

I just did some figuring - There are 306,000,000 people in the U.S. according to the 2009 census figure, which is probably a fair estimate. Texas has 167,690,880 acres of land mass, water mass is not in this figure. That means if every person in the U.S. moves to Texas they would be able to have .54 acres each. That would leave the rest of the U.S. totally empty except for illegals. I think we could find room for you FarmGirl!!

Ryder":2j2whmcj said:
FarmGirl10":2j2whmcj said:
I don't know why none of the Texans answered you. They just must be real busy. But if you are not welcome there, then I aint going either. That'll show 'em.

But I think I can safely say that you would be welcome in any of our southern states.
(Don't forget to bring your knife. Never can tell,)
:D I don't think it'd have to come to that...I can be very persuasive.

Latest posts