Tea party opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

jw":1wr2tt6u said:
FarmGirl10":1wr2tt6u said:
Am I welcome down there? :) I won't take up much space.

I just did some figuring - There are 306,000,000 people in the U.S. according to the 2009 census figure, which is probably a fair estimate. Texas has 167,690,880 acres of land mass, water mass is not in this figure. That means if every person in the U.S. moves to Texas they would be able to have .54 acres each. That would leave the rest of the U.S. totally empty except for illegals. I think we could find room for you FarmGirl!!
:D Good, tell me before the wall goes up.

I wanted to go but had an out of town meeting for work that I couldn't miss. On my way to the meeting the radio was listing off all the tea party locations in Western Washington. There was 27 different locations. The state patrol estimated that one in Olympia had 5,000 people. In a town as liberal as Olympia it must have been a shock to their systems to watch that happen.
I think the success will be measured by the turn out to the next round and the one after that. If it stops here nothing will become of it. If they have more protests..... things could change. If they do it again it should happen on a weekend so people with jobs can attend.

The difference I see with what is going on this time is this has been building for several years.
This is not about party this is about elected officials standing at the trough we keep filling and we don't get to haul any of the hogs to the salebarn. Americans have had enough of biased media reporting and elected lying officials that run on a platform and think we are to stupid to figure it out. We have a lot of things that need fixing in Texas as well, but we have got the tax part right. Texas has a sales tax anyone that comes through Texas and spends a dime pays tax, the more you spend the more taxes you pay.
I really think the final log on the fire was the director of homeland security report of Verterans, Prolifers, Christians, Guns owners need to be watched as potential terrorist. If this didn't set you on fire your wood is wet this goes against the very fundamentals this country was founded on of peaceable assembly and the right to protest. The silent majority isn't silent any longer as Washington has catered to special intrest groups that holler loud and pad the pockets of politicians like Dodd( He just got caught). It was amazing he had raised less than 5000 dollars in campaign contributions from his own state but hundreds of thousands from out of state .

Caustic Burno":3gb3y264 said:
The difference I see with what is going on this time is this has been building for several years.
This is not about party this is about elected officials standing at the trough we keep filling and we don't get to haul any of the hogs to the salebarn. Americans have had enough of biased media reporting and elected lying officials that run on a platform and think we are to stupid to figure it out. We have a lot of things that need fixing in Texas as well, but we have got the tax part right. Texas has a sales tax anyone that comes through Texas and spends a dime pays tax, the more you spend the more taxes you pay.
I really think the final log on the fire was the director of homeland security report of Verterans, Prolifers, Christians, Guns owners need to be watched as potential terrorist. If this didn't set you on fire your wood is wet this goes against the very fundamentals this country was founded on of peaceable assembly and the right to protest. The silent majority isn't silent any longer as Washington has catered to special intrest groups that holler loud and pad the pockets of politicians like Dodd( He just got caught). It was amazing he had raised less than 5000 dollars in campaign contributions from his own state but hundreds of thousands from out of state .

This post is a perfect example of hitting the nail squarely on the head. Something needs to change. Soon. The biggest problem I see is that more and more people seem content to give away more of their freedom in return for having their every need taken care of by others. Heck, even if these people wanted to stand up for themselves, they don't know how anymore.

Everyone has there pet peves. This is our problem. Random DWI road blocks. Forced blood draws from suspected DWI's. Random steroid test from High school athletes. No smoking in public areas. Red light cameras.

This is how we lose our freedoms. When conservatives see these things and think they are OK. I'd be willing to bet that most of you agree with at least one of these. My contention is: It is not the resposibilty of Big Brother to regulate freedom in any way shape or form. Freedom is the right given to us by God. We can be irresposible with it or not. It is ours, not the governments.

Walt

In the spirit of the book "1984", when Big Brother was watching it was pretty scary thought. I read that book sometime along about 1975.

Today people embracing big brother is far more scary than all the terrorists put together.

backhoeboogie":yr3oqatf said:
In the spirit of the book "1984", when Big Brother was watching it was pretty scary thought. I read that book sometime along about 1975.

Today people embracing big brother is far more scary than all the terrorists put together.
I fear you are right.
Sheep to the slaughter and they think they are the "enlightened ones".
So many people have no concept of the meaning of "freedom". Freedom carries the price of responsibility. They confuse licentiousness and indulgence with freedom.

I would suggest the book Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. The book is in novel form, but carries an important message(s). She is now deceased, but there is an Ayn Rand website.

Paul Volker, who saved the country from a hyperinflationary depression when he was fed. chairman, studied her work.
Alan Greenspan, who has admitted an error in judgement in his tenure as fed chairman, was a personal friend and student of Ms. Rand.

Ryder":as4v65ja said:
backhoeboogie":as4v65ja said:

I fear you are right.
Sheep to the slaughter and they think they are the "enlightened ones".
So many people have no concept of the meaning of "freedom". Freedom carries the price of responsibility. They confuse licentiousness and indulgence with freedom.

I would suggest the book Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. The book is in novel form, but carries an important message(s). She is now deceased, but there is an Ayn Rand website.

Paul Volker, who saved the country from a hyperinflationary depression when he was fed. chairman, studied her work.
Alan Greenspan, who has admitted an error in judgement in his tenure as fed chairman, was a personal friend and student of Ms. Rand.

Good book.

Texas lawmakers consider telling U.S. gov't to 'cease and desist'

"This state prefers, to the greatest extent possible, to control our own destiny," said Rep. Vicki Truitt, R-Keller, one of several members co-sponsoring the measure. "We prefer that federal government limit the amount of federal mandates it forces upon the people of Texas."

House Concurrent Resolution 50, which claims sovereignty for Texas under the U.S. Constitution's 10th Amendment, was one of several proposals to go before the House State Affairs Committee late Tuesday.

perda04":yl1g4bnx said:
Texas lawmakers consider telling U.S. gov't to 'cease and desist'

"This state prefers, to the greatest extent possible, to control our own destiny," said Rep. Vicki Truitt, R-Keller, one of several members co-sponsoring the measure. "We prefer that federal government limit the amount of federal mandates it forces upon the people of Texas."

House Concurrent Resolution 50, which claims sovereignty for Texas under the U.S. Constitution's 10th Amendment, was one of several proposals to go before the House State Affairs Committee late Tuesday.

I'll go all in.

Saw a good Jay Leno quote the other day. He said the guvment is reaching out to England, France, Cuba, Mexico, Hugo Chavez, and everybody else. Seems the only place that he's not reaching out to is Texas... :)

Latest posts