TD-8E

Help Support CattleToday:

Can you get parts for it?

01.JPG

I have an international 100-c track loader with a 4n1 bucket , looks just like that one . clean low hour , Mines a powershift . Its one of the only things around thats not for sell .

Purdy paint.... :) After that I have no clue....
:D. Reminds me of a company that kept their equipment nicely painted. Most all of it was wore out but had a nice fresh coat of paint.

I'm Not saying that is the case here.

BobbyLummus1":18liel5e said:
I have an international 100-c track loader with a 4n1 bucket , looks just like that one . clean low hour , Mines a powershift . Its one of the only things around thats not for sell .

I owned one of those for a brief time, and can't think of any piece of machinery that I've ever owned that I was happier to see leave. I even delivered it for free.

In the next few days I am planning to look at a International-Hough TD-8e dozer. What do I look for. The photo on Craigslist shows the grousers to be pretty high and not wore. Any help appreciated.

Check the height of the chains on the rollers. Make sure the Converter don't heat. Steering clutches and brakes need to work smooth and easy.

Here's what ya really need JD..a 3fer1. :lol:
https://easttexas.craigslist.org/hvo/6065587138.html

"Allis-Chalmers HD14
Made in the 40s
Converted to electric start
Detroit 671 engine
Open ropes
Long track has a nearly new undercarriage
All are in working condition.
Asking $6000 for all three or $2000 per dozer
Posting for my Grandpa. Please call he does not do emails or texts."

Height of the grousers really doesn't tell you much about the undercarriage. You need to look at the chain/rail height, the sprockets, the rollers, the pins and bushings, measure the length across a few pins and compare to a new measurement, etc.

Basically if you don't know what your looking for the best and easiest is to find/pay somebody who does to look the machine over.

Yes, you need to look at the sprockets (teeth), rollers, pins, and everything.. I know of a little Case dozer much like this one, and apparently they didn't have enough weight to ever wear out the grousers, yet the pins and rest of it would wear out.

Clutches, brakes, torque convertor/tranny are also dealbreakers unless its really cheap and you have a certain job in mind that would pay itself off with... It's not so much the price of the parts, but the incredible PITA they are to get to and replace, everything is heavy, so it just makes life difficult

Looks like some one doesn't know how to use a shovel. Pads look pretty close to the rock guards. I would bet he rollers are wore pretty good. It weighs a little better than 18000 lbs.

I think 12K is a little high.. everything would have to be in ship shape for that price for sure... I'm sure there's other machines around in that price range..

Check out www.rbauction.com and look at other dozers.. D3's and the like and the price they went for...
I'm not finding a SINGLE one sold there.. which is a little worrysome for finding parts for that machine.

Looking at D3's, there was one sold in Canada (1987 model) last week for $11K CAD, or ~9K US.. and parts are plentiful

Red Bull Breeder":nzvydfqz said:
Looks like some one doesn't know how to use a shovel. Pads look pretty close to the rock guards. I would bet he rollers are wore pretty good. It weighs a little better than 18000 lbs.

The sprockets pretty wore pins not round triangular shape. The track pads were close to the rock guard. About 1 inch. Only way the steering would work was to have the engine revved to the highest RPM. The owner said I am going to auction it what would you give. Told him not interested.

Latest posts