TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Help Support CattleToday:

The world is a scary place. Watch yourself no matter where you are. I went fishing a few days ago. Caught a couple of crappie. Back at home, I gathered my filet board and knife. Walked out the back door and there stood someone 'selling cancer insurance'. The guy surprised me-to say the least. He was adamant about coming in to talk about his insurance. I refused and kept my filet knife in front of me, pointed at him. He said he was having trouble finding people at home. duh. Everyone around here works. He struggled with that idea. He finally left but lemme tell you, I've got a new attitude because of his surprise visit.

Somebody else also needs a bullet behind the ear for sending him to a minimum-security prison. Like a hotel away from home with everything paid free. You shoot this guy you will be staying in a level 5 facility on 24 hours lockdown.

https://www.doc.ks.gov/facilities/wcf/overview

Here is the hotel they call Winfield Correctional Facility he was at.....

wcf-entrance

He was actually spotted at the Fair last night. Guess he had a hankering for some fried food on a stick or thought he'd blend in with the Carnies. As of an hour ago he still hasn't been apprehended. The correctional facility used to be a state mental hospital (hence the beautiful campus) and yes, minimum security means the guards don't even carry guns.

I have a .380, 22 & 223 with me at all times in the Polaris.

Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:

TCRanch":3iav75lw said:
Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:

Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.

JMJ Farms":do9qlf6x said:
TCRanch":do9qlf6x said:

Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.
You might be surprised how well armed some of the church crowd is. Our preacher in Cedar Grove carries a 9mm and has attended some combat pistol training schools. And I know a few others that CC besides us.

TCRanch":3dg5lrw8 said:
He was actually spotted at the Fair last night. Guess he had a hankering for some fried food on a stick or thought he'd blend in with the Carnies. As of an hour ago he still hasn't been apprehended. The correctional facility used to be a state mental hospital (hence the beautiful campus) and yes, minimum security means the guards don't even carry guns.

A 380 handgun but why a 22 when you have a 233 ?
Just curious

JMJ Farms":13r7mcdi said:
TCRanch":13r7mcdi said:

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

Bright Raven":2imxskdj said:
JMJ Farms":2imxskdj said:
TCRanch":2imxskdj said:

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.

Ky hills":21ft0ir9 said:
Bright Raven":21ft0ir9 said:
JMJ Farms":21ft0ir9 said:

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.

I have heard that quoted by preachers and many others, including my departed mother. It does not provide confirmation of the concept that a Devine being looks out for our well being. On the other hand, if a Devine being looks out for us, it would make one wonder why a believer with faith in a Devine being would need to carry.

Bright Raven":1e2b758x said:
Ky hills":1e2b758x said:
Bright Raven":1e2b758x said:

I have heard that quoted by preachers and many others, including my departed mother. It does not provide confirmation of the concept that a Devine being looks out for our well being. On the other hand, if a Devine being looks out for us, it would make one wonder why a believer with faith in a Devine being would need to carry.

God gave us a brain for that very reason. Granted, some more than others but that's beside the point.

Jogeephus":21ylzmfl said:
Bright Raven":21ylzmfl said:
Ky hills":21ylzmfl said:

God gave us a brain for that very reason. Granted, some more than others but that's beside the point.

Well you know the only part I believe is this:

...some more than others but that's beside the point.

Ky hills":1tqgr0tf said:
Bright Raven":1tqgr0tf said:
JMJ Farms":1tqgr0tf said:

If memory serves, see the Book of James.
"Faith without works is dead."
Or as some express it, "Corresponding action".

JMJ Farms":k7pc4w81 said:
TCRanch":k7pc4w81 said:

Evidently. Similar to hiding in plain sight.

Cross-7":34tt9apy said:
TCRanch":34tt9apy said:

A 380 handgun but why a 22 when you have a 233 ?
Just curious
The 22 is primarily for armadillos, which are destroying our Bermuda & brome fields, pastures, yard/landscaping around the house. Trapping them was an epic fail so we pick 'em off any time we can and they're a lot easier to remove in one piece. ;-)

Ryder":2sx20dqy said:
Ky hills":2sx20dqy said:
Bright Raven":2sx20dqy said:

If memory serves, see the Book of James.
"Faith without works is dead."
Or as some express it, "Corresponding action".

This is where the subject of religion can get astray, when differences in interpretation come into play. I am not trying to be promoting a certain interpretation on this forum, just explaining how I have heard that verse defined. The way that I have understood that verse is that the works referred to are akin to doing good deeds, i.e. working at doing good in place of or in addition to faith. The presumed reciprocal would be if one has faith then they will likely also desire to do good works. Again not promoting a particular belief just attempting to define the interpretation that I have heard. As with many others there are differing views on that particular verse.

Ky hills":223u2u3f said:
This is where the subject of religion can get astray, when differences in interpretation come into play. I am not trying to be promoting a certain interpretation on this forum, just explaining how I have heard that verse defined. The way that I have understood that verse is that the works referred to are akin to doing good deeds, i.e. working at doing good in place of or in addition to faith. The presumed reciprocal would be if one has faith then they will likely also desire to do good works. Again not promoting a particular belief just attempting to define the interpretation that I have heard. As with many others there are differing views on that particular verse.

I bet this is going to wake up Mod2. But...

Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

Count the number of times someone got in your face and said "the bible says this". To tell you the truth if my bible ever starts talking to me, I might become a believer but so far I have to read it. At the end of the day, my reading of it may result in an entirely different meaning than yours.

Latest posts