Taylor Pasture Dream

Help Support CattleToday:

Soggy Bottom

Reaction score
Last week I bought a Taylor pasture dream from a dealer. It was barn find that looks almost new in the pictures. My question is about the fertilizer box. Is there any precaution I should take when using the fertilizer box. I plan on cleaning it out good after every use and storing in a barn to keep out of the weather. I thought about possibly lining the fertilizer box with a bed liner material? Any other input would be appreciated.

Soggy Bottom said:
Last week I bought a Taylor pasture dream from a dealer. It was barn find that looks almost new in the pictures. My question is about the fertilizer box. Is there any precaution I should take when using the fertilizer box. I plan on cleaning it out good after every use and storing in a barn to keep out of the weather. I thought about possibly lining the fertilizer box with a bed liner material? Any other input would be appreciated.

Just thinking out loud here but could it be sprayed with that bed liner stuff?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Soggy Bottom said:

Since you opened the idea, automotive under coating in a rattle can is available at WW for a song. That ought to work just dandy, easy to apply, stays flexible but tough.

Texasmark said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Soggy Bottom said:

Since you opened the idea, automotive under coating in a rattle can is available at WW for a song. That ought to work just dandy, easy to apply, stays flexible but tough.

Seems like that should work. Good luck to the OP.

Texasmark said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Soggy Bottom said:

I just wonder if the fertilizer is going to creep like it should on a rough surface. Seems to my like it would stick and clump, especially in humid days.

I spray off the bush hog, manure spreader, etc. with a 50/50 mix of diesel and used motor oil after each use. Any reason that couldn't be used here?

cfpinz said:
I spray off the bush hog, manure spreader, etc. with a 50/50 mix of diesel and used motor oil after each use. Any reason that couldn't be used here?
What I was going to say also....(THis is what I use also)just wash it off good/with suds/pressure possibly and use a small garden sprayer with diesel/oil mix 4 to 1 and it will slick it off like a ribbon. I spray under my vehicles every year with this mix as it takes about 5 minutes and they are slick and squeak/rust free.

Latest posts