Tax cuts are not about tax cuts

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Let me explain. This is simply the first step to create a fiscal crisis that will require cutting SS and Medicare. That is all.

Tax revenue will not go up. For an example look at Kansas.

This is not 1980, the Reagan tax cut miracle will not be repeated.

Former Republican Senator from Wyoming, Alan Simpson.

"Two-thirds of the American budget is the cost of health care — forget what the heII you call it — and the solvency of Social Security. If you leave those two babies off the table, you're absolutely out of your gourd."

He was brilliantly simple in his words.

If we continue the course of creating mandates we are not willing to raise revenue to pay for, the only way it ends, is cutting SS, Medicare and healthcare.

We need to cut the government give away programs to those that have never paid any taxes for starters. The armed service personnel are the only government employees that should be able to collect taxpayers dollars, the rest were mostly leaches anyway. Most government employees have paid taxes but never worked.

callmefence":bfmop0cm said:
ss and MC are nothing but schemes and should be done away with.
People should be free to invest in their future without paying into a government sponsored pyramid scheme.
When and how? Do you rebate everyone that has paid in? And take back from those that have collected and are still alive? I've gave this lots of thought and see no easy answers.

True Grit Farms":3mdz5hxn said:
callmefence":3mdz5hxn said:
People should be free to invest in their future without paying into a government sponsored pyramid scheme.
When and how? Do you rebate everyone that has paid in? And take back from those that have collected and are still alive? I've gave this lots of thought and see no easy answers.

Would you expect a easy answer for such a mess grit?
That doesn't mean you keep playing a losing game. Everyone should be reimbursed what they payed and the madness stopped. I've made financial mistakes before and had to sell some stuff... maybe the USofA can look around and find some shyt to sell.

callmefence":3cos4xuz said:

I could possibly see phasing out SS. Medicare no way. There is not an insurance co on this planet that would write a private policy to replace Medicare. Are we as a society ready to let those people die? Nobody that has worked their entire lives will be able to afford medical care. I am more than willing to pay taxes so that my 79 year mother can have medical care that she can afford.

Davemk":2oadcjio said:
callmefence":2oadcjio said:

I could possibly see phasing out SS. Medicare no way. There is not an insurance co on this planet that would write a private policy to replace Medicare. Are we as a society ready to let those people die? Nobody that has worked their entire lives will be able to afford medical care. I am more than willing to pay taxes so that my 79 year mother can have medical care that she can afford.

Brother, you got that right. We would have had to own an oil well to pay for all the medical care Medicare paid for during the last two years of mom's life. I actually have concerns about the amount of money we spend on the elderly in the last years of their life. It is outrageous and the quality of their life is not improved.

I am personally on Medicare and I agree that we cannot pull the rug out from under the elderly, because there is no way they could get coverage of any kind. The real problem as I see it is this. We can expect the elderly to require more care and their medical expenses to rise. What we should not have to put up with is the cost that is billed to medicare that is running the Country broke. Between inflated costs, unnecessary tests and drugs, and most important of all the shysters that are scamming the system we cannot continue. We can put a man on the moon but cannot control "Miami" who is billing Medicare at an astronomical rate. Trump is right in one respect. We need to drain the swamp and I might add drown some politicians! There are enough tax dollars going in, but where I ask, do these politicians think they will spend the enormous net worth's they are piling up. It's sickening.

callmefence":2c4382nn said:
100% agree. The system will never be "fixed". Government will keep taxing more and more.And will choose more often who does/doesn't receive expensive care. Especially late in life.
I feed my heifers every evening. And every evening they are standing there waiting on it. Skip feeding for while and they get out and fend for their selves. People are basically animals. Quit feeding them at the trough, (MEDICARE, SOCIAL SECURITY, WELFARE, etc etc) and most people will figure out how to take care of their own problems, including how to pay for medical expenses. It may take a generation or two but the current monetary of borrowing/money printing system probably won't last that long anyway. Freedom is the only reasonable solution.
Another factor to the problem is that a person works his whole life, saving and planing for retirement, and inflation eats his savings up. That makes retirement and medical care unaffordable. Fix the monetary system(that would require to cut govt spending) and many problems will disappear.

Take away govt funded medical expenses and the price will come down to where the average man can afford. No matter if it's a college, hospital, or any thing else... asdoon as they know the govt us involved the price goes up.

People try to make argument on college. If the govt stopped handing out money I bet these colleges wouldmy bed near as fancy.

The market will always self adjust as long as the govt doesn't screw with it.