Tattoos

Help Support CattleToday:

I figure that a tattoo like that is only an invitation for conversation.

Tattoos were always considered icky by my and my husband's generation. I still dislike them. Lots of women will regret what they are doing to themselves, for sure. Thank God my (almost) 22 year old daughter still has no piercings and no tattoos.

Had to perform a med procedure on a gal in the ER.. she took down her shorts and there was a tat that said, "PROPERTY OF DAVE" with an arrow pointing 'due south'. I looked over at the ol boy sitting in the chair and said, " you must be Dave." He replies, "Nope, i'm Jim. Dave was the boyfriend before me." Sometimes its best not to ask.....

For the record, names were changed to protect the innocent, (namely me! HIPPA is brutal)

Those young women with those little butterflies today will look like an old buzzard
coming off the roost in a few years. You dang sure wouldn't want to see it in the bedroom
much less public.

bball":5tn1wu1u said:
Had to perform a med procedure on a gal in the ER.. she took down her shorts and there was a tat that said, "PROPERTY OF DAVE" with an arrow pointing 'due south'. I looked over at the ol boy sitting in the chair and said, " you must be Dave." He replies, "Nope, i'm Jim. Dave was the boyfriend before me." Sometimes its best not to ask.....

For the record, names were changed to protect the innocent, (namely me! HIPPA is brutal)

So I deduce it's entirely possible that the tat actually said "PROPERTY OF BOB" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

In 1960 was stationed with a nut that had fawcets over eat nipple labeled hot cold. He also had a string of ants climbing out of his butt crack and up to his shoulder.

John SD":4jfd49k6 said:
backhoeboogie":4jfd49k6 said:
They are repulsive. Some people just want to be repulsive. There's a picture on the net with a kid with a huge ring hole in his face. How will he explain that to his grandchildren? "I am an idiot?" "I wanted the whole world to know"

My "favorite repulsive thing" is those huge hole tarp style grommets folks put in their ears Makes me want to padlock 'em by the ears to something immobile :idea:

Yup, and when they take them out it looks like 2 wrinkly scrotums hanging off their heads. :)

JW IN VA":1brzwngz said:
Maybe its a thing like long hair in the 60's and 70's.Difference is,you can always cut your hair, but a tattoo,well.

Exactly! I had the long hair,but never got a tat (or a piercing). And honestly, I discriminate. A rose on a boob is cute, but a full sleve is just poor judgement. Tramp stamps is an accurate description. No offense to anyone, but it isn't for me.

bball":3kcz58wr said:
Had to perform a med procedure on a gal in the ER.. she took down her shorts and there was a tat that said, "PROPERTY OF DAVE" with an arrow pointing 'due south'.

I have no knowledge of any such tattoo. Although there may be several women out there.......

They say that scars are like tattoos only with better stories. So I have plenty of good stories to tell.

John SD":35xneo62 said:
cow pollinater":35xneo62 said:
Normally I'm not much on tattoos even though I have one on my shoulder but I do know one young lady that has sleeves on both arms that suuuure makes me want to check and see where else she has ink. :nod:

There's a not so young lady who sits behind a desk at a business I must visit every so often. She wears very low cut tops and has a flower tatoo between her .... ummm ... very ample bosoms :shock:

The flower is right between the bosoms while the flower stem goes downward out of sight. Where it goes I'm afraid will unfortunately remain a mystery :oops: :oops: :oops:

Maybe if you just simply offered to water her flower..... :hide:

Two of my four sons have tattoos, I and my other two sons have none. Both sons with tattoos kept them so they don't show. They both got the tattoos in their very early 20's, they are now both in their early 30's. I just waiting for one of them to say why did I do this one, that was dumb, we'll it may not happen.

One night I was processing a drunk I had arrested and had to ask about tattoos. He said he had a fly on the end of his penis. I should have shut up at that point but had to ask him about it. He said he was patriotic. I asked him how that made him patriotic and he said the fly turned into a bald eagle when he was excited. I did not confirm the existence of the fly.

john250":rjo2fd57 said:
JW IN VA":rjo2fd57 said:
Maybe its a thing like long hair in the 60's and 70's.Difference is,you can always cut your hair, but a tattoo,well.

Exactly! I had the long hair,but never got a tat (or a piercing). And honestly, I discriminate. A rose on a boob is cute, but a full sleve is just poor judgement. Tramp stamps is an accurate description. No offense to anyone, but it isn't for me.
He77 I can't even grow a mullet anymore. :???:

I had the typical teenage hair for the mid 70's, shoulder length, full and loose curls. But for some reason now my hair is slipping back on my forehead, exposing more forehead and scalp and sliding down the back of my neck and spreading over my back! :shock:

Alan":3cboh38h said:
I had the typical teenage hair for the mid 70's, shoulder length, full and loose curls. But for some reason now my hair is slipping back on my forehead, exposing more forehead and scalp and sliding down the back of my neck and spreading over my back! :shock:

And it grows wildly in the nose and ears. :mrgreen:

I don't have any myself, although I have been real down over lost family that I thought that it might be a way of dealing with it and hanging on. I think some of it can be a type of therapy/tribute?
Then, there are some that I'm not real sure about. Guy in the Army had "oil here ." on his elbow?? I don't get it.

Everything in life has changed in my 60+ years. It used to be tattoos were about the worst thing you could do if it wasn't a military tattoo. War was about protecting the U.S. We took care of each other, supported government, paid our taxes happily and most of us went to church on Sunday. We still had heroes. Even corporations had a death penalty if they weren't good for society. Now, tattoos and piercings are normal, Church is becoming a thing of the past and caring for our fellow man is a lost art. Willingly paying taxes and supporting government has gone by the wayside and looking after only one's self is become the American mantra.

Heck, I'll take all the tattoos and piercings happily if we could just return to the prosperity and middle class values of old. Minus the openly hostile discrimination we still see everyday.

:hide:

Latest posts