Tattoos

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Before I ask the question let me say I really don't care if people get tattooed. Really, not prejudice at all. Just want to know your opinion on why folks do it, especially otherwise really attractive young women.

Yesterday I took my G'son, nephew and niece to one of those indoor skydiving places. One of the young ladies working there was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. She had tattoos over every visible part of her body (except her face) and they were not colored but plane black lines like you might see on a person who spent time in prison. Can't even imagine what would have prompted her do do such a thing. She couldn't have been over 19YO. Unlike love, Tattoo's and AIDS is forever.

Let me say again I really don't care. HeII, I have one (very small, high on my shoulder) that has been there since 1963 and I remember why I got it. Just curious.

It seems to it's just a change in culture. It's not uncommon to see a police officer or a school teacher with tattoos. I don't have a problem with it. And I don't discriminate against people who have them. I personally would never consider being tattooed. For any reason. Did you know their branding each other now.

fenceman":1bos5xhh said:
It seems to it's just a change in culture. It's not uncommon to see a police officer or a school teacher with tattoos. I don't have a problem with it. And I don't discriminate against people who have them. I personally would never consider being tattooed. For any reason. Did you know their branding each other now.

Branding? You mean like we would brand cattle? COOL :lol:

I don't understand the tatoo thing. Could say the same thing about people with jewelry stuck through their hides everywhere. Turn me off to see an otherwise very attractive young lady sporting any hardware beyond "normal" ear rings. Especially tongue studs :yuck:

My cousin's hubby has one hellaciously big tatoo all over his back. He is in National Guard, and I think there is some kind of attraction to military men (and women) to tatoos.

I've been poked, prodded, and sliced with enough needles and sharp instruments all my life for medical reasons. I sure as hell wouldn't do it on purpose for the fun/glory/??? or whatever else motivates people :roll: :roll: :roll:

I believe it's just a fad, and will fade away like they all do. In 20 years it probably won't be any more common to see a tattoo than it was 20 years ago. And these young women with the nice tattoos will be middle aged women with vague blurs on their skin, because as my wife says "That canvas is not going to stay tight."

Eldest son got one in military. He was drunk and lacking judgement at the time. I will at least give him credit for having someone who knew how to tattoo do his stamp rather than having someone who does work like a drunk kinder gardener with dull crayons.

My dentist told me those tongue studs are like little hammers in your mouth and he is constantly having to replace people's front teeth because the constant pecking will crack the tooth to the root. Sounds really hip and sexy doesn't it?

lavacarancher":1e9e43go said:
fenceman":1e9e43go said:

Branding? You mean like we would brand cattle? COOL :lol:
No not cool , hot ;-)

They are repulsive. Some people just want to be repulsive. There's a picture on the net with a kid with a huge ring hole in his face. How will he explain that to his grandchildren? "I am an idiot?" "I wanted the whole world to know"

John SD":29lg6ege said:
My cousin's hubby has one hellaciously big tatoo all over his back. He is in National Guard, and I think there is some kind of attraction to military men (and women) to tatoos.
I don't know about today but in my youth it was usually an excess of alcohol.

I've got one tattoo . Don't hate it or love it . I don't care what other people do . But I can't help thinking that when you tattoo your face or look like you fell in a tackle box it's gotta hurt your chances of landing a good job.

JSCATTLE":fz3lo16l said:
I've got one tattoo . Don't hate it or love it . I don't care what other people do . But I can't help thinking that when you tattoo your face or look like you fell in a tackle box it's gotta hurt your chances of landing a good job.

Yep.

Speaking of branding. Have a relative who thought branding himself would be cool but he didn't do his homework to learn if you want to brand a person you need small gauge brand something like a coat hanger thickness rather than the heavy gauge stuff you use for cattle. Alcohol was involved and he went through the process and now he sports a scar on his chest that doesn't look like the four leaf clover brand but more resembles the exit wound of a .50 cal. He blames the alcohol but I think its something else.

Never have had the urge to get one. Been drunk enough but opportunity wasn't there. I've seen a few that were pretty attractive...a little bee, rose or something located on a boob. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: But having them from head to toe, front and back is just a little too much. I don't know what they're trying to do but it sends a negative message to me. And way too many still look like they were done in a prison cell. :lol2:

Years ago I knew a guy that had a narrow pinched chest. He decided he wanted a tattoo not somehting small, but a full masted sailing ship. When he had it done He puffed out his chest and kept his shulders thrown back. In his normal posture all it looked like is a nasty black blob on his chest.
Not thinking it through also applies to those that have words misspelled

How can you tell your kids no tattoos if you have one? If my Pop would of lived longer I would of never smoked or drank liquor either. I think he would of skint a tattoo off me, just like he skinned a fish.

Rafter S":3mql92wn said:
And these young women with the nice tattoos will be middle aged women with vague blurs on their skin, because as my wife says "That canvas is not going to stay tight."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

backhoeboogie":3323147r said:
They are repulsive. Some people just want to be repulsive. There's a picture on the net with a kid with a huge ring hole in his face. How will he explain that to his grandchildren? "I am an idiot?" "I wanted the whole world to know"

My "favorite repulsive thing" is those huge hole tarp style grommets folks put in their ears Makes me want to padlock 'em by the ears to something immobile :idea:

Normally I'm not much on tattoos even though I have one on my shoulder but I do know one young lady that has sleeves on both arms that suuuure makes me want to check and see where else she has ink. :nod:

cow pollinater":1sn28d07 said:
Normally I'm not much on tattoos even though I have one on my shoulder but I do know one young lady that has sleeves on both arms that suuuure makes me want to check and see where else she has ink. :nod:

There's a not so young lady who sits behind a desk at a business I must visit every so often. She wears very low cut tops and has a flower tatoo between her .... ummm ... very ample bosoms :shock:

The flower is right between the bosoms while the flower stem goes downward out of sight. Where it goes I'm afraid will unfortunately remain a mystery :oops: :oops: :oops:

John SD":2ycnuj85 said:
cow pollinater":2ycnuj85 said:

There's a not so young lady who sits behind a desk at a business I must visit every so often. She wears very low cut tops and has a flower tatoo between her .... ummm ... very ample bosoms :shock:

The flower is right between the bosoms while the flower stem goes downward out of sight. Where it goes I'm afraid will unfortunately remain a mystery :oops: :oops: :oops:

You could always ask her where it goes. She'll probably tell you. :hide: