Tattoos

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":2kas00m9 said:
Thinking real seriously about getting one to mark my 60th year of life.

Can't decide between a Pheasant which I love hunting more than all others.

Or a Chinese Lion, or maybe a big skull mount mulie buck.

Thought about getting my wife's name tattoed on my forearm but I think I'll wait til the 50th for that just in case I change my mind.

Go for it 3WC. Stuff what everyone else says. Mine is on my shoulder, I don't see it much so I don't get sick of it. I got mine for when I turned 18. I'd moved out of home, which at the time was an absolute bomb site due to the break up of my parents and mental break downs of most of the family. So for me my tattoo, a cat with wings, symbolises independence and freedom. And while some people might think that's a teenage thing to do, the meaning is actually so much more because I had spent the previous few years living to keep my family together and I was finally free to start my own life. Even now the tattoo symbolises the real turning point in my life and I don't regret it at all.

Get one, don't get one, matter of opinion. For me, I tend to do enough damage to myself to go looking for more pain.

I have to agree with Misty. It's a personal decision. Myself, no thanks! I thought about it when I was younger but never could decide on one that I figured I could live with for the rest of my life. I know people that wish they had never gotten one and I know people that just keep adding to their body art all the time.
My son has one honoring his deceased older half-brother. But he got it on his shoulder and upper arm where it doesn't freak out the people he deals with in a business setting. (and believe me, it DOES freak out some older people and some NOT so older people)
I don't mind the tats so much as I mind weird piercings all over the face and what-not but again, that's MY personal opinion. FWIW

I used to work with this lady (using the term pretty loosely) that had a horse tatoo on her, um, chest. After about 20 years it looked like a giraffe with horns.

As long as there are no negative effects on others, I don't particularly care what anyone does to themselves.

hillsdown":3iaqpp6y said:
mtncows":3iaqpp6y said:
Told my two when they were growing up I had pliars if they wanted a tattoo
That is funny mtn.. Kids want a tattoo, especially girls, and I bet if our cattle had a choice they would say no thank you.. BTW I plead the 5th on the original question... :lol: :p

Heard a quote this morning..."Putting a tattoo on a beautiful lady is like putting a bumper sticker on a Bentley".

peg4x4":1xoqbpzb said:
www.ugliesttattoos.com
Wow Peg-that sure cured all my intentions of a second tattoo(for a while). Some scary looking tats :shock: .I believe if done correctly a tattoo can adorn one's body just as the opposite applies,if done incorrectly one can be 'scarred' for life .
As assie cowgirl said,her motivation to have a tat was what the tattoo symbolized to her-at the end of the day I reckon thats what a tattoo is mostly about.I know I have never regretted having had mine.........maybe one day- when i'm running around listning to rap music:shock: :lol: .

I have heard it said that scars are like tattoos only with better stories. So I don't need a tattoo because I already have lots of scars and stories.

MistyMorning":1avij8b5 said:
Get one, don't get one, matter of opinion. For me, I tend to do enough damage to myself to go looking for more pain.

Come on Moonlite, tell the good people here that you really are the woman with the Homer Simpson Tattoo.
3waycross and I saw it and we thought it was kinda cute. :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

curtis":2mce3ltj said:
MistyMorning":2mce3ltj said:

Come on Moonlite, tell the good people here that you really are the woman with the Homer Simpson Tattoo.

How could you take that seriously though?! I mean :lol2: just try not to look maybe.

aussie_cowgirl":2fykngjg said:
curtis":2fykngjg said:
MistyMorning":2fykngjg said:

How could you take that seriously though?! I mean :lol2: just try not to look maybe.

I took just a little bitty peek , i had one eye shut. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

curtis":3dgvxksw said:
aussie_cowgirl":3dgvxksw said:
curtis":3dgvxksw said:

I took just a little bitty peek , i had one eye shut. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

And try not to laugh. :lol2: Talk about mood kill :nod:

curtis":kpc1hnyc said:
MistyMorning":kpc1hnyc said:

Might be cute, but the thought of kissin Homer Simpson makes me kinda queesey.

3waycross":2ungw4f7 said:
curtis":2ungw4f7 said:
MistyMorning":2ungw4f7 said:

Might be cute, but the thought of kissin Homer Simpson makes me kinda queesey.

ROLMAO :help: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Curtis, quit your snickering, I don't have a tattoo, see below....

MistyMorning":3dv4y436 said:

Now if that don't work for ya, this next post really sums things up for me with regards to tattoos.

Dave":3dv4y436 said:
I have heard it said that scars are like tattoos only with better stories. So I don't need a tattoo because I already have lots of scars and stories.

Latest posts