Tarentaise???

Help Support CattleToday:

We raise them, albeit on a small scale and like them a lot. We have found them to be all around good-doing cattle. The American Tarenatise Association (ATA) web site is www.americantarentaise.org. Would you be adding those genetics to an existing herd or starting fresh?

I was just curious who out here had them, I myself don't own any, I only have Red Angus. Dad has about 60 head, and sells purebred bulls. We've shown them in the past.

Wife's father has some, he likes them. The ones I've been around were fine boned and snorty.

cfpinz":8f37u21t said:
Wife's father has some, he likes them. The ones I've been around were fine boned and snorty.
Ya, it took dad about 10 years to breed the snorty out of ours.

few more. sorry for the picture quality and sizes, my computer and photobucket aren't working with me tonight.

:tiphat: to your dad for hangin' in there for 10 years with his Tarentaise if he didn't like their disposition. They must have been doing something right for him to stick with 'em. Ours have always been quiet and easy to handle.

Your show heifer looks like she'll grow up to be a good one. Sorry, the bull didn't do anything for me, maybe a better picture of him would do him justice.

Love those pictures of the big strappin' calves next to their little Tarentaise momma...

Thanks for bringing up Tarentaise on the board; sometimes it feels like they are the best-kept secret in the beef biz.

I have never seen a Tarentaise here in Australia. I am lead to believe that there a couple here somewhere. I have written to a couple of addresses, but no reply. I really do think of all the Euro breeds about they could be even better than those already here. I agree with one of the above posters that they are a guarded secret. I really would like to get a few to try. Ankenman Ranch ( in the US)has some beauties.
Colin

I've heard through the grapevine that Ankenman's are slowly getting out of the business, could be rumors tho. Some of the bigger breeders -who have websites- I have heard of are D & D Cattle out of Nebraska (www.DandDcattle.com), Seven Lakes Tarentaise out of Georgia (www.tarentaise.com) and J&K Livestock out of Kentucky (www.kylowlines.com) if any body wants to look at some more cattle.

Latest posts