Tarentaise bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Schnurrbart

Reaction score
Mannaz4yr.jpg

This bull shows some good characteristics! The angle of the picture makes it difficult to determine his true hindquarter's dimensions. This 45 degree angle is called "fore-shortening" and makes the bull APPEAR to 'taper off' at the rear end. I know that it is sometimes hard to get the camera in the EXACT position to get a true image of an animal, but the desirable shot would be to have the camera LENS pointing exactly at RIGHT ANGLES to a location just behind the shoulder and about 2 feet above the ground level. That would be ideal, but you can't always be ideal! Same principle applies to a straight-on rear view - - about two feet above the ground.

DOC HARRIS

Schnurrbart":1l8d0yc9 said:
Now mind you , I'm losing my sight and this is just a picture, but to me those back legs just don't look right, looks light over front shoulders, and looks a little hay bellied to me. Is it the glasses that I'm using , that I found at an auction Fri., the picture, or me?

I will get some pix of him from all angles and see if your eye-sight is any better. It may just be the picture as he is pretty thick and has good length between the axles. One good thing about him is that his calves over the past four years have averaged 76# birth weight. This picture was taken this past spring and he hadn't started working yet and weighed 1925#.

Schnurrbart":zfys0cik said:
This picture was taken this past spring and he hadn't started working yet and weighed 1925#.

Mister Schnurrbart I sure aint meanen ta knock yur bull to much but ifen he is looken like that now an he aint been out ta work yet I have got to tell ya I sure aint a smilen. Hes got him self a light rear end and has the look of haven bred himself a bunch of cows just last week!! Ifen that bull were any kind of easy keeper hed have a heap more fat on em then that!! Were talken bout a bull that like ya said aint even been put out on the ladies yet!

Ifen ya said ta me this here is my range bull that I just brought in from breeden 30-40 cows then i'd say ta ya nice herd bull but just a bit light in the rear.

ONLY-BEEF, that's an interesting writing style you have there. Kind of like Zane Grey. Or, Rawhide Kid, or Kid Colt Outlaw. I like it. You should post more often.

Does "hay-bellied" just mean that they have a bit of a pot-belly? After putting our steers on the pasture with the good grass they all have fat guts and it's only been a couple of weeks. Seems normal to me.

ga. prime":37bbd52c said:
ONLY-BEEF, that's an interesting writing style you have there. Kind of like Zane Grey. Or, Rawhide Kid, or Kid Colt Outlaw. I like it. You should post more often.

Mister ga. prime I'll go ahead and read me a Mister Zane Grey book ifen I get my hands on one and I got me the extra time. I tell ya though I aint to familur with them other 2 fellers. I don't know ifen ya heard of a feller calls him self Mister Louis L'Amour? Ifen ya get yur self a chance give a read on one of his books I put me an end ta one this here past winter. My youngest had gone an given it ta me fur christmas it turns out he aint half bad at writen nether! Now I can't go and tell ya all his writen is good cus I just read me the 1 but I sure did enjoy it.

I have 22 half-Tarentaise cows, and numerous daughters of theirs from Angus, Shorthorn, Hereford and Galloway bulls. None of them are goofy, except 3 that had Simmy in 'em. ;-) No offense Jeanne!

Forgot to put captions on.
1. Butt view

2. Side view lower angle as was suggested

3. Butt view from higher angle

4. 14 year old herd boss cow

5. Yearling daughter of bull

YES-S-S! These are MUCH more specific views of cattle that do a good job of displaying what the cattle really are! Good job. He is a fine bull, and you can see how the second side view reveals more of what he really is!

The females are fine representatives of Tarentaise breeding. You should be pleased with your operation.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts