Tanned Bull Hide??

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
We've got a bull hide off of a 700 lb bull we slaughtered. It's solid red. Any suggestions on how/where to market this hide we're planning to have tanned? Would make a nice small rug...think will finish out about 5 x 5 or 5 x 6 feet or so.

Just would like some input suggestions from anyone... :)

Thanks

Running Arrow Bill":qyfm1tzi said:
We've got a bull hide off of a 700 lb bull we slaughtered. It's solid red. Any suggestions on how/where to market this hide we're planning to have tanned? Would make a nice small rug...think will finish out about 5 x 5 or 5 x 6 feet or so.

Thanks
List it on eBay and also list it in a classified ad on this site.
Anyone that reads your post will know about it, and if interested will go to the classified section for a description of it. it.
Do you have the horns also?

Anyone that reads your post will know about it, and if interested will go to the classified section for a description of it. it.
Do you have the horns also?[/quote]

Ooooppppssss... Nope didn't save horns or skull. Was only about a 30" rack & didn't occur to me at the time to keep the bloody head and let the predators clean it for me to get a skull/horn package. Will plan to keep next set of horns we butcher.

Running Arrow Farm":2nkay2u9 said:
Do you have the horns also?

Ooooppppssss... Nope didn't save horns or skull. Was only about a 30" rack & didn't occur to me at the time to keep the bloody head and let the predators clean it for me to get a skull/horn package. Will plan to keep next set of horns we butcher.[/quote]
The horns and skull will probaly sell for $40.00 to $50.00 to some wannabes.

Running Arrow Bill":1i3lzcno said:

Thanks

a hereford hide was donated to the texas hereford & texas polled hereford associations to auction off with the money to go to a junior scholarship fund. the ranch that donated it put their brand on it before auctioning it off. the ranch that then bought it, put their brand on it & donated it back to be auctioned off again. the next ranch did the same thing. i think it's now on the fifth ranch or so. just an idea if you're not totally set on making $$ off of it yourself.

Running Arrow Bill":1vyuifuz said:

Thanks

I have bought some furnishure made of LH horns and hides in a Corpus Christie furnish store I don't have the name now but I will look for it. I think that traditional multi-colored LH hides will make more $$$$

A. delaGarza":2rlugmam said:
Running Arrow Bill":2rlugmam said:

Thanks

I have bought some furnishure made of LH horns and hides in a Corpus Christie furnish store I don't have the name now but I will look for it. I think that traditional multi-colored LH hides will make more $$$$

True...multi-colored large hides can sell for $500 to $1,000. Full head/shoulder mounts with a nice set of horns...$1,000 and up.

I just didn't want to trash the hide...no blemishes and solid red. Taxidermist said would be 6-7 months before it was finished due to large backlog of jobs to do. We do have a leather craft lady in town who could possibly make the hide into purses, carry-all bags, cell phone cases, etc. Problem here is after we pay the high cost of tanning, plus pay to have novelties made would probably price everything too high for any one to buy--except "perhaps" some of those "tourist types"...lol

Latest posts