Talk about potential

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Found this little guy online. It'd be nice to see how he turns out. It doesn't have his age though. Says he's sired by Legacy and his mother is apparently the top donor cow for the herd.

Anyway thought I would share.
Cedric-side.jpg

Cedric_Rear.jpg

aussie_cowgirl":2o5qn1hq said:
Found this little guy online. It'd be nice to see how he turns out. It doesn't have his age though. Says he's sired by Legacy and his mother is apparently the top donor cow for the herd.

Anyway thought I would share.
Cedric-side.jpg

Cedric_Rear.jpg
he's got the look

Wonder what he would "look" like without all that hair and if you took him off full feed?

Even without all that neat color, he's still a very correct and framey calf!!

would love to have him myself :nod:

LazyARanch":1sp0yu3t said:
Even without all that neat color, he's still a very correct and framey calf!!

would love to have him myself :nod:

How can you tell with all that hair and the fitting job?

DOC!!!!! Someone posted a hairball! :D Wow, amazed that you haven't gotten more replies than that. Last time I posted a SH bull with that much hair, I got a pretty good talking to. But a decent bull none the less. Not so sure I'd call him "framey", but hard to tell. Here's a bull I'll be using on perhaps some Hereford and roan cows next summer. Not really wild color, but a solid bull here. This bull is owned by Olson Family Shorthorns and his name is Hi-View Red Diamond.

100_0655.jpg

100_0652.jpg

blackcowz":1bwcjkhx said:
DOC!!!!! Someone posted a hairball! :D Wow, amazed that you haven't gotten more replies than that. Last time I posted a SH bull with that much hair, I got a pretty good talking to. But a decent bull none the less. Not so sure I'd call him "framey", but hard to tell. Here's a bull I'll be using on perhaps some Hereford and roan cows next summer. Not really wild color, but a solid bull here. This bull is owned by Olson Family Shorthorns and his name is Hi-View Red Diamond.

100_0655.jpg

100_0652.jpg

do you have a picture of him not fitted out in the pasture? I would like to see him in his "natural" state, not all fitted up.

Hair does hide a lot of flaws

Jovid":5mz5i86t said:
blackcowz":5mz5i86t said:

100_0655.jpg

100_0652.jpg

do you have a picture of him not fitted out in the pasture? I would like to see him in his "natural" state, not all fitted up.

Hair does hide a lot of flaws

Actually, not by any means arguing, he wasn't sprayed full of glue and oil for this pic. However, the owner is going to get me some "natural" pictures of this fella. He was breeding cows at the time, and was shed out. I'll post the pics as soon as I get them.

He was breeding cows at the time, and was shed out. I'll post the pics as soon as I get them

That's what I want to see what he looks like after being out in the pasture breeding cows.

Is it just me, or are these pictures deceiving? I can't tell if that bull is 400 lbs or 1200 lbs. Or whether he's five months old or a yearling. That background just throws me off.

Well... I like him, but I was operating on the assumption that he was a CALF, and not a breeding bull!! I'm not used to show cattle by any stretch so I didn't think anything about him being fuzzed up to hide flaws. I guess my mind don't work that way! I like his color, I like his stance, he's got what appears to be a good straight topline, straight legs and a nice blocky butt. I also like his "bully" head.
So i guess rather than FAT hiding a multitude of sins (as in the horse show world) it should be rephrased as
FAT AND FUZZ hide a multitude of sins?

I still like him, his coat pattern really makes him stand out so I must be color blind! :shock: :dunce:

I was frightened when I logged on and there was 2 pages of replies. But this is ok :lol: I did wonder about the back end because there is a lot of hair around the stifle, but he is tremendous up front where the hair is thin (can't build a crest like that) and the top of the pelvis and stance of his legs indicate rear thickness all by themselves.even without looking where he's fluffy. Lol.

Latest posts