Talk about a down poor

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
It started to rain about 6:30 last night and never quite. At times it was raining very hard and then it would let up and then go back at it again. The lightning was pretty wicked as well. The Bismarck area got anywhere from 3 to 7 inches of rain, and they tell us to expect more heavy rains today and tonight.

Angus Cowman":11dmrhr2 said:
started here this morning at 7:45 and at 8:15 we had 1 2/10s inches and it is still pouring
You, except we're right at 2 inches and no end in sight

alacattleman":1ybqi828 said:
i swear you'r spelling is almost as bad as mine :lol: i thought by the title it was cattle prices or a downer
:lol: Made me wonder too! I had to open the thread to read it! :hat:

George

Wish we could get one of those creek running "down poors"! The pastures are green but the stock ponds are still dangerously low for going into a hot summer.

George

Send it our way - I hope it makes it. Everyone around me has quit pasturing already this week and back to stored feed. One guy never got pasture. Getting it all at once might not do a lot of good but it makes ya feel better.

It is in Michigan today and looks like tomorrow too.... Why does it seem that there are no gentle summer rains any more? Just gulley washers.

I got 5 inches at my house but just 10 miles east of me they reported 10.22. Luckinly we are in the type of country that can handle it. It will run off and not many crops will be hurt in the long run. Some dams and roads washed out.

Hey thanks for the rain! We got 0.85" overnight, nice and slow. Keep 'er comin'!

Can't imagine what 10" of rain looks like in SD. Too much of a good thing. I understand you guys have had this problem much of the spring.

I put fertilizer down on Thursday May 20th and it rained for three days after. Good steady rains. All was good. That Sunday May 24th was the last rain i've seen.
Sure would like to see a little of that stuff down here.
Forecast is hot n dry for at least the next week.
Dang!

cmf1":3k6u2q5w said:
I put fertilizer down on Thursday May 20th and it rained for three days after. Good steady rains. All was good. That Sunday May 24th was the last rain i've seen.
Sure would like to see a little of that stuff down here.
Forecast is hot n dry for at least the next week.
Dang!

I would love to send some your way. It seems we get 1-2 days then the skys open up and let go again. Expecting more tonight. Havent been able to get any hay done yet. Guess if worse comes to worse we can put up baleage instead of hay. JHH

Everybody I know that's got hay equip. is layin' it down and twistin' em up left and right.
They're cuttin stuff that that they're not usually able to get to this time of year. I'm fillin up any space I've got with hay just in case these conditions linger. And there's so much hay right now it's pretty darn cheap for my peace of mind. Bad thing is, what was'nt grown by now probably won't get there this year so I'm thinking it's gonna be pricey come fall.

Latest posts