Taking Batwing Recommedations

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Kind of looking at Land Pride (which makes a much better mower than they did 10 years ago), Bush hog and Woods since they are all locally sold. I'm partial to Bush Hog I guess but don't have much experience with any of the above. Have a John Deere right now but I'm not going back to Deere. Mowing mostly pastures and roadways. Also any downside to 20' (besides extra cost) cutter over a 15'? We are going to be bush hogging 600-1000 acres in the near future at least once a year so thinking the extra width might be nice. Any input I'll listen to...

Like I said in the previous thread, I like the Woods better than the Bush Hog but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you listed. I would go with which ever local dealer treats you the best and has the best reputation for service. ;-)

There's about a 2 acre per hour difference between a 15 and 20 footer. For fields the 20 footer is definitely worth it. If you're doing road ditches or wooded areas the 15 is a little easier to work with.

I can do upwards of 50 acres per day with a 20 footer.

Not trying to be nosey but why not go back to john deere? Just curious because I use the hx15 and done a couple thousand acres and have had no problems. I know everybody has different luck

RentedMule":10mg1z53 said:
Not trying to be nosey but why not go back to john deere? Just curious because I use the hx15 and done a couple thousand acres and have had no problems. I know everybody has different luck

We've paid for the HX15 three times over with the amount of money we have put into it fixing it over the years. I will say there is very little rust on the deck for a 15 year old mower.

Atimm693":pkkniswf said:
There's about a 2 acre per hour difference between a 15 and 20 footer. For fields the 20 footer is definitely worth it. If you're doing road ditches or wooded areas the 15 is a little easier to work with.

I can do upwards of 50 acres per day with a 20 footer.

After pricing the 20' mowers compared to the 15' ones I cannot justify the extra expense, YIKES!

LDEnterprises":1f8b946k said:
Rafter S":1f8b946k said:
You can't go wrong with a Rhino.

I didn't known there was a local Rhino dealer close till a few days ago. Getting some quote Monday to see how they compare. Well made mowers for sure.

They'll probably be higher than some other brands, but they'll also probably be worth the extra money. There's a reason most people that mow for living, like on highway shoulders, use John Deere or Rhino.

Rafter S":2inillej said:
LDEnterprises":2inillej said:
Rafter S":2inillej said:
You can't go wrong with a Rhino.

I didn't known there was a local Rhino dealer close till a few days ago. Getting some quote Monday to see how they compare. Well made mowers for sure.

They'll probably be higher than some other brands, but they'll also probably be worth the extra money. There's a reason most people that mow for living, like on highway shoulders, use John Deere or Rhino.

Surprisingly the Rhino was cheaper than everything but the Land Pride. Rhino doesn't have any 0% financing though but that's not a deal breaker.

Latest posts