Tails

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
We show our breed body clipped, no fluff, puff, or paint. Don't know how many breeds show in their natural state but wondering if the lack of a tail switch (got stepped on and snapped off!) would be marked down by a judge. Opinions?

CKC1586":35q5y6ag said:
We show our breed body clipped, no fluff, puff, or paint. Don't know how many breeds show in their natural state but wondering if the lack of a tail switch (got stepped on and snapped off!) would be marked down by a judge. Opinions?

When showing breeding stock it shouldn't have an effect, in the beauty contest type steer shows I can see where it might count against the animal.

show steer up":2fqpvzbo said:
No, the problem is you can't accent the hind quarters.
So in that case yes.
Hope that makes cense. :D
Makes sense. But,well this little gal sure is impressive, my hope is that her hind quarters will speak for themselves tail switch or not. Everyone that has stopped in look at her then their mouth kinda hangs open.... I was just sick when I saw that bloody little stump.
We will see how she does.

Keren":ymp40yui said:
It shouldnt make a difference

But if you are worried, they do make false tails you can put on her
Keren, they don't allow paint or anything "fake" for showing the Pieds. Otherwise I sure would try to get her a "weave" ;-) . I tried to take a picture of her with my phone last night and it sure doesn't do her justice, I am a lousy photographer and I couldn't get her set up very well, then step back to take the picture..... but here is a rear view of her she is an April 10 calf.
37.jpg

CKC1586":3hgasujg said:
Keren":3hgasujg said:
It shouldnt make a difference

But if you are worried, they do make false tails you can put on her
Keren, they don't allow paint or anything "fake" for showing the Pieds. Otherwise I sure would try to get her a "weave" ;-) . I tried to take a picture of her with my phone last night and it sure doesn't do her justice, I am a lousy photographer and I couldn't get her set up very well, then step back to take the picture..... but here is a rear view of her she is an April 10 calf.
37.jpg
She just lost another piece! If you can see just a few inches above the end an indentation that is where it came off, vet put a band on it, hopefully I can get this healed up!