Tail

Help Support CattleToday:

Lomac

Reaction score
The day before we picked up calves the ranch called and said that the mother had stepped on the calves tail. When he stood up in pulled the hair out of the end of the tail. He pulled another one out the day we picked them up but he looked to good not to take. We have it all healed up. Will the hair grow back? We are showing in the state fair in Oct. Is there anything we can do to make if more presentable for then? Thanks

No it probably won't grow back. You can put one of those replacement switches on if it's allowed, or the tail hair from above may fill in the gap.
I've shown a couple of heifers with switches missing, won't make them place any less (unless the judge is a POS)

sim.-ang.king":s2x1g8i3 said:
No it probably won't grow back. You can put one of those replacement switches on if it's allowed, or the tail hair from above may fill in the gap.
I've shown a couple of heifers with switches missing, won't make them place any less (unless the judge is a POS)
Yup. Had a little heifer that got stepped on lost the end of her tail, did just fine in the ring.

sim.-ang.king":3nx03nfs said:

Ditto

Latest posts