tacos for 250 people

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I will be helping with Farm Bureau agents and board members to serve about 250 farmers and ranches attending a Foundation Farm field day. We will be serving scrambled egg and fried pan sausage wraped in a soft flour tortilla called a breakfast taco . My question is how many dozen eggs and pounds of pan sausage will it take to make 250 tacos? Does anyone have a formula to figure this out so we will not come up short. Also the tacos will be provided free of charge the those attending.

Found a recipe online that said 8 eggs and 1 pound sausage makes 10 breakfast tacos. Now, how many per guest will depend on your crowd (my experience has been farmers eat a lot) and how many choices they have (will there be fruit or grits etc.)

cowboy43":19okl165 said:
I will be helping with Farm Bureau agents and board members to serve about 250 farmers and ranches attending a Foundation Farm field day. We will be serving scrambled egg and fried pan sausage wraped in a soft flour tortilla called a breakfast taco . My question is how many dozen eggs and pounds of pan sausage will it take to make 250 tacos? Does anyone have a formula to figure this out so we will not come up short. Also the tacos will be provided free of charge the those attending.

I'd figure a minimum of 2 eggs for each taco as well as 2 sausage...get the biggest tortillas you can find. Thse folks will be hungry. ;-)

cowboy43":9w5rg2j3 said:

I don't know but that's a lot of breakfast tacos..........find someone in the catering business to help you make some sound decisions.
Running out is probably better than eating breakfast tacos for a weak..........:)

Kingfisher":1sict6gk said:
cowboy43":1sict6gk said:

I don't know but that's a lot of breakfast tacos..........find someone in the catering business to help you make some sound decisions.
Running out is probably better than eating breakfast tacos for a weak..........:)

That would depend on how good they were.

Latest posts