Tack-Bigfoot, M-5 and etc

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
BF said he hated ill fitted tack and M-5 does some leather work.
I refuse to spend a bunch on a bosal hanger so I bought this headstall but I don't know how to attach the fiador without it looking like I did it.

Any ideas that look like it was made for it and done right ?

Photobucket is being uncooperative at the moment. I'll show a pick of something simple I make. Yours looks fine to me though.

I need to attach the fiador to the headstall so it doesn't slide back down the neck

I'd probably start by turning the headstall around first.

Then I'd get an extended Chicago screw and a scrap of thin latigo leather about half inch wide. Take a wrap around headstall, make a mark for a hole thru the end of the latigo and where the screw hole needs to be in the tag end to hold the headstall tight. Then, make a loop just big enough for the fiador, to hold it snug, and back to the hole, cut to length. So, you end up with one piece of leather, a hole on each end of it, and a hole in the middle. Kind of like a figure eight if you will. It will hold it tight enough not to slip if done correctly, and looks fine enough.

Wasn't down long.

I make a lot of nosebands. I always do this simple little braid.

Pay no attention to the crappy weld on this bit. After it, I went back to my preferred metal sweet iron. I always do my headstalls like this, and would probably hang a bosal the same way. I have also butchered a rope halter for a bosal hanger as well.

I like what you did though (if I'm seeing it correctly).

The braid may work
Ill have to get some leather but I think it'll work

talltimber":2nchfuaa said:
I'd probably start by turning the headstall around first.

Then I'd get an extended Chicago screw and a scrap of thin latigo leather about half inch wide. Take a wrap around headstall, make a mark for a hole thru the end of the latigo and where the screw hole needs to be in the tag end to hold the headstall tight. Then, make a loop just big enough for the fiador, to hold it snug, and back to the hole, cut to length. So, you end up with one piece of leather, a hole on each end of it, and a hole in the middle. Kind of like a figure eight if you will. It will hold it tight enough not to slip if done correctly, and looks fine enough.

I follow I think

Latest posts