Syringe recommendations

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
This is our first year to AI our cows, my daughter just finished up the Graham school in Garnett 3 weeks ago. We have everything gathered up to get going just looking for what everyone is using, I have an Allflex repeater that I like to use. We are using Factrel and Estramate

I get along real well with my allflex's. I have the 50ml for 5cc doses, and the 25ml for 1-2cc doses. Seems more accurate to mw

Thanks for the replies, we have 15 cows we will be using warbonnet on, he's a black limo with my red limo cows, I also have 4 replacement heifers I am using Excellence on, he's a red angus on my limo x south poll girls

I would still use disposable syringes. Do you have a back up inseminator for your daughter? It is a big ask for someone who has just completed a course to come out and get it right first up. Don't put too much pressure on her. I would break them up and set them up in groups of about 5 for her at a time. Best of luck with them.

Ken

I really like my Allflex 50cc repeater syringe. I also have a dedicated 2cc syringe that I got from my Estroplan supply that works good for what it is designed for. I would also follow wbvs58 advise about smaller groups to start. Also agree with the use of disposable syringes. I think they are the most accurate and you don't have to worry about any carryover residue from a drug that you may have used earlier.

Great, disposables it is. As for back up, I have a buddy that's a rep for GENEX here in town, select sirs rep is in Parker and 1 of the teachers told my daughter he would help, both of the latter 2 are only 30 miles from our cows. Thanks again

Yeah I would've thought the 50cc syringe would be the way to go for estrumate but my vet insisted I use disposable syringes and while we were talking he stuffed a handful of them in my hand free of charge. How do u argue with that. Takes an extra person loading one shot doses but then like others have said u don't have to worry about contamination and dosage accuracy when using disposables