Syria

Help Support CattleToday:

Mod2

Staff member
Reaction score
Just couldn't leave religion out of it could you!

Your 100% right, I needed to phrase my thoughts differently. Something like, I expect to see a terrorist attack committed in this country between now and next Sunday.

I apologize if I erred. Hard to discuss an evil ideology that calls itself a religion. Whether one is religious or not, I know of no other ideology that promotes such hate and vile actions as does this cancer that threatens civilization globally.

Jogeephus":1oxx2s8s said:
Bright Raven":1oxx2s8s said:
Grit. Jo said it was fault. You said something stupid.

:lol:

Yeah, lets blame it on TrueGrit. We are both as pure as new fallen snow. :lol2:

Like passing gas in a bar. Always point to the guy next to you and make a face. While he is not looking.

Yeah, Truegrit can be the martyr or better yet the sacrificial lamb being I'm positive he isn't fond of goats like martyrs seem to be.

Jogeephus":7fn52py1 said:
I apologize if I erred. Hard to discuss an evil ideology that calls itself a religion. Whether one is religious or not, I know of no other ideology that promotes such hate and vile actions as does this cancer that threatens civilization globally.

It is a religious war that has been fought since the crusades.
To wrap your head around it you have to know the reasons behind it.
No man or county can bring a peaceful resolution to the region too many players in the game with the Sunni,Shiite,Jews and Christians.
That is just the four major ideological factors much less the splinter groups
We haven't even got to the political factors involved

Shame on you boys. I didn't get to see the posting that crossed the line.
But obviously bombing churches during services on Palm Sunday has nothing to do with religion... just a coincidence. :)

Caustic Burno":ccwinjzo said:
Jogeephus":ccwinjzo said:

It is a religious war that has been fought since the crusades.
To wrap your head around it you have to know the reasons behind it.
No man or county can bring a peaceful resolution to the region too many players in the game with the Sunni,Shiite,Jews and Christians.
That is just the four major ideological factors much less the splinter groups
We haven't even got to the political factors involved

Are these not just all stirred up by the same few people that cause us all problems due to oil in the region.

They have been fighting for centuries before oil became viable resource.
As I stated earlier read the River War by Winston Churchill of the wars in the Sudan in 19th century. You would swear you were hearing today's news.
No region on earth has been in a constant state of war other than the Middle East

That area is the juncture of three continents and almost all historical civilizations and yes it's always been fought over for 5000 years or more. Don't see it changing anytime soon either.

TexasBred":2rkujq33 said:
That area is the juncture of three continents and almost all historical civilizations and yes it's always been fought over for 5000 years or more. Don't see it changing anytime soon either.

Think of the impact that area has had on civilization. Mesopotamia wss the cradle of modern science, math, government, philosophy, astronomy, astrology, etc. It is also the cradle of modern religion.

Bright Raven":1l4pue2v said:
TexasBred":1l4pue2v said:

Think of the impact that area has had on civilization. Mesopotamia wss the cradle of modern science, math, government, philosophy, astronomy, astrology, etc. It is also the cradle of modern religion.

True, but at some point in came unglued. The Ottoman empire is beaten in 1683 and by 1800 the Ottoman army is never really any match for England, France, ect... The Russians build their empire on the backs of the Ottomans.

I'm sure 2 Mongol invasions didn't help.

There seems to be some event that puts the middle east into a state of arrested development.

Shaz,

To use the cliche Reagan made popular, They were the "shining city on the hill". The light bulbs must have burnt out.

IMO, much of the conflict in that great land is due to failed efforts to return to greatness rather than anything else.

Bright Raven":2c2klmyg said:
TexasBred":2c2klmyg said:

Yeah they did some great things in the area but it was pretty much down hill once they got the idea it was more holy to steal than work and their lust for goats probably didn't help.

Caustic Burno":2vkkwnxx said:
As I stated earlier read the River War by Winston Churchill of the wars in the Sudan in 19th century. You would swear you were hearing today's news.
No region on earth has been in a constant state of war other than the Middle East
Gen 16:12
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

I guess I missed most of the bruha this time (I was in Arkansas since last Friday)
CB touched on the problems in that region, but they go a lot further than just ideologies, and Shaz mentioned arrested development... Economically, it is a very modern region, tho a contrast of very rich and very poor peoples all thrown in together, and there are other parts of the world that seemingly have the problems making it into the 21st century. Mexico and some of the central/south American countries come to mind.

Kell-inKY":3tsif3xd said:
Caustic Burno":3tsif3xd said:
Gen 16:12
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Kell:

The original thread got deleted because it got into religion. Just a suggestion: better to stop right here.

Latest posts