sydgen trust progeny pics?

Help Support CattleToday:

talltimber

Reaction score
For some reason the search is not working for me today. I am researching Sydgen Trust, a direction recommended to me by a knowledgeable fella in my area. I had asked him which direction he would go, given the cows I had (he was familiar with the type, some came from his place years ago), and the bull (CC&7 son) I have now. He also recommended Destiny iirc, but said that Trust had a higher DOC if that was important, which it is with my wife helping me a lot. And I don't necessarily like to get freight trained either, as far as that goes. I have since had an unforeseen development in my bull power, after losing my younger CC&7 / commercial cow bull not long ago. My old bull is 8 yo, I am wanting to keep this past set of his heifers. I have 9 bred heifers to calve in Sept/Oct. I don't know if it's a good idea to turn him in on them, given his size. Birth weight, I would be fine I think, but he's 1800-2000 probably and not light on his feet. I have seen him ride a cow down once before, and had a cow stifled that was in heat a couple days before that, that I think he had at least a hand in.
So, I may find a son if I can, turn him in on the yearlings and first calvers, and sell my old bull after he covers the cows. That will give me another set of heifers out of him and lighten the first load for the young bull. Any other options I should consider here?
I seem to remember someone having some pics of some Trust heifers and calves a while back, and was wondering if there could be an update with pics and reviews, whether they made cows or how it turned out for you?

We have used Trust since 2010, so our oldest cow will be 6 this year.. really solid commercial cow who always brings in a good calf. We have used him on heifers mostly, as solid of a heifer bull as we have ever used. BW are good, not too light and gestation length is shorter than most heifer bulls. A good choice to eliminate excess white, and hair shedding for fescue environment. Docility is good, not CC&7 great but certainly good. We have used aleast a couple of straws every year since 2010. Usually get just a couple of heifers and most of them make the keeper pen.

4 cows in production all above average producers and probably the best heifer this year is a Trust daughter. A couple of pictures..

Bred Heifer before calving last fall.

Heifer calf out of the heifer above picture this spring ~ 5 months of age.. (Connealy Courage Daughter)

Trust Heifer calf born October picture in May.

Used the bull a bunch, seen the actual bull a couple of times so if you have any questions fire away..

Thank you jscunn. I like them all. Looks like you have had good luck with them. Do you think a guy would be giving up too much to birthweight if he used a Trust bull on mature cows?

No the BW on mature cows is pretty average for us, 75 - 85 lbs, which is normal for us. I dont really like really small calves (less than 70#) even out of heifers, those calves just struggle to catch up especially out of heifers. The Trust cattle have always have really nice neat shoulders hence no calving issues.. I know the Trust bred heifer pictured was born with a labor of less than 30 minutes one morning out of a heifer and she weighed 73 # at birth..

Latest posts