SxS on Allocation ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Our government keeps printing money and mailing checks. Folks trying to spend it buying energy using tractors, snowmobiles, appliances, SxS, TVs... Good thing they are building more coal power plants in China.

I was told last week that our local dealer will not get all the snowmobiles ordered this spring, and went from being perennially back ordered on SxSs to being on allocation. How does this story end? Will we have to go back to horses?

It's on a ship waiting to be unloaded at the port, once it gets unloaded it will be waiting on a truck to come pick it up. It will cost more because companies are starting to charge for the wait times because they can't get the next load until this one is unloaded. That is the real reason transportation costs are going up so much, fees and charges for wait time and also the ports are charging for container storage if they aren't picked up right away.

To an extent we never left horses here.
On Tuesday I was driving by a neighbors place. I saw his rig parked by the corral. I stopped to talk. He and his son were horseback roping and treating calves in a one acre(?) field directly beside a corral with a hydraulic chute.

To an extent we never left horses here.
On Tuesday I was driving by a neighbors place. I saw his rig parked by the corral. I stopped to talk. He and his son were horseback roping and treating calves in a one acre(?) field directly beside a corral with a hydraulic chute.
Finished rope horses/ranch horses are commanding prices I never dreamt possible. I have no idea why, or who is buying them. Got a good head and heel horse completely blown up for a roping box. Begging the kids to let me put it in a ranch horse sale. Line back dun, 15.2 hands, built like a bulldog. I'd strike while the iron is hot.......They seem attached.

Finished rope horses/ranch horses are commanding prices I never dreamt possible. I have no idea why, or who is buying them. Got a good head and heel horse completely blown up for a roping box. Begging the kids to let me put it in a ranch horse sale. Line back dun, 15.2 hands, built like a bulldog. I'd strike while the iron is hot.......They seem attached.
A decent (not great) ranch horse is $10,000 here. A good solid rope horse is $20,000 to $40,000 and up.

Lots of free money coming from Washington, but I an not aware of any free ranch horses, yet.

I was told recently that our government will pay you to take a mustang? Any truth in this?

Why beg your kids? Like Shaquille O Neal said "We ain't rich, I'm rich"

Latest posts