Swiss say you can't put live lobsters in boiling water any more

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
http://www.newsweek.com/lobsters-may-fe ... and-778122

I ain't trying to be "zenophobic' or anything, but have the hot cocoa folks lost their minds?
""If stunned electrically or if the brain is destroyed mechanically they are effectively dead,""
You have to find some way to either 'mechanically or electrically' stun them first....like bashing their brains out I suppose.
You also can't transport them on ice or in 'ice water'.
#lobsterlivesmatter?

I'm not even sure they have a brain....

If this comes to America, I wonder what it bodes for a 40lb sack of hundreds of live Louisiana crawfish?
Icepick?

greybeard":18pjgvak said:
http://www.newsweek.com/lobsters-may-feel-pain-illegal-boil-them-alive-switzerland-778122

I ain't trying to be "zenophobic' or anything, but have the hot cocoa folks lost their minds?
""If stunned electrically or if the brain is destroyed mechanically they are effectively dead,""
You have to find some way to either 'mechanically or electrically' stun them first....like bashing their brains out I suppose.
#lobsterlivesmatter?

If this comes to America, I wonder what it bodes for a 40lb sack of hundreds of live Louisiana crawfish?
Icepick?

I do not trust the Swiss. They eat horse meat and hid Nazi money during World War II.

Boiling lobsters alive: Not allowed
Accepting thousands of Jewish people's gold teeth from Nazis: Wonderful

Bullitt":2h8oy1nk said:
greybeard":2h8oy1nk said:
http://www.newsweek.com/lobsters-may-feel-pain-illegal-boil-them-alive-switzerland-778122

#lobsterlivesmatter?

Icepick?

I do not trust the Swiss. They eat horse meat and hid Nazi money during World War II.

Boiling lobsters alive: Not allowed
Accepting thousands of Jewish people's gold teeth from Nazis: Wonderful
horses are livestock , there is nothing wrong with eating them.

callmefence":1kdk5ujo said:
I've never ate horse. Sure like to try it.
A horse just looks like it be good eating.
It has a stringier texture then beef more like moose meat. Mule meat was referred to missouri moose when I was younger and horses fell into the same category

Gonna be a pain if they adopt that here. Can you imagine killing each crawfish before you boil them .. that's a 3 day job.

The Swiss would do themselves good to read Peter Tompkins book The Secret Life of Plants where he proves that plants have sentience and can communicate with one another. After reading this book one would have to be pretty deranged to choose to be a vegetarian or vegan because this cruel life's choice demands the death of so many to sustain the one.

This leads to the obvious question as to whether it is more humane to kill one animal to provide days if not months of subsistence or to kill thousands for just one bland meal. Personally, I would rather see one cow suffer to fill my plate for months than thousands of poor oat babies being viciously aborted to fill a bowl with oatmeal that tastes like crap. The reason it tastes like crap is due to the stress they endure during the butchering process resulting in dark cutter oats. Dark cutting oats like beef is pretty poor eating.

As for the lobster, its the same only on a lower scale being it is related to the spider and all spiders should be killed with extreme prejudice.

In summary, we should all eat beef as it is the most responsible humane food choice.

Had a neighbour Rooibaard(Redbeard) who was loading cattle to take to an auction on a day. One broke its leg and couldn't be loaded so he said he would have to leave it over until the following week. Somebody suggested that he shoot the animal and put it out of its misery. His reply "Dis mos n dier, hulle voel nie pyn nie" (It's an animal, it does not feel pain).

True Grit Farms":3h7ihrho said:
Just freeze them then boil them.

That is what we do with shrimp. Quick bath in 35 degree water first, just to numb their senses so they won't feel the freezer burn. All for the least pain possible. Now if someone would come up with a less brutal way to harvest cabbage. I mean really, cutting their head off?? Brutal society we live in.

Jogeephus":8qsh4x00 said:
The Swiss would do themselves good to read Peter Tompkins book The Secret Life of Plants where he proves that plants have sentience and can communicate with one another. After reading this book one would have to be pretty deranged to choose to be a vegetarian or vegan because this cruel life's choice demands the death of so many to sustain the one.

This leads to the obvious question as to whether it is more humane to kill one animal to provide days if not months of subsistence or to kill thousands for just one bland meal. Personally, I would rather see one cow suffer to fill my plate for months than thousands of poor oat babies being viciously aborted to fill a bowl with oatmeal that tastes like crap. The reason it tastes like crap is due to the stress they endure during the butchering process resulting in dark cutter oats. Dark cutting oats like beef is pretty poor eating.

As for the lobster, its the same only on a lower scale being it is related to the spider and all spiders should be killed with extreme prejudice.

In summary, we should all eat beef as it is the most responsible humane food choice.

I totally concur with you on spiders.
Brown recluse got my mind right on spiders over 50 years ago.

zirlottkim":2q71rt9y said:
Now if someone would come up with a less brutal way to harvest cabbage. I mean really, cutting their head off?? Brutal society we live in.
:lol:

Caustic Burno":15o5gy8q said:
Jogeephus":15o5gy8q said:

I totally concur with you on spiders.
Brown recluse got my mind right on spiders over 50 years ago.
been there,done that, got the scar....

zirlottkim":2542ebgj said:
True Grit Farms":2542ebgj said:
Just freeze them then boil them.

That is what we do with shrimp. Quick bath in 35 degree water first, just to numb their senses so they won't feel the freezer burn. All for the least pain possible. Now if someone would come up with a less brutal way to harvest cabbage. I mean really, cutting their head off?? Brutal society we live in.

Come on "Z"...surely you don't think we should pull them up by their root. :shock:

Latest posts