Swift Co. sold to Brazillians

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Swift & Co is a top 3 US beef processor. They lose money consistently, and today they were bought by a Brazilian company.
I am not generally a paranoid, but the main assets the Brazilians were buying (according the news reports) are the access rights to Asia (Japan and Korea) .
If Brazillian Beef is allowed into Asia with this back door maneuver (remember, Brazil still has a foot and mouth disease problem) I think American commercial cattlemen are toasted, and served with some orange jelly.
Any opinions?

john250":2g7wtshp said:
If Brazillian Beef is allowed into Asia with this back door maneuver (remember, Brazil still has a foot and mouth disease problem) I think American commercial cattlemen are toasted, and served with some orange jelly.
Any opinions?

Yep- and before you know it, with USDA's help, Brazilian beef will be flooding across our borders- stamped with the USDA inspected stamp and passed off to unknowing US consumers/consumers of the world as a US product....

As soon as Tyson announced it bought its Argentine Packing Plants, the USDA was making plans to change the Argentine FMD quarantine rules - they will do the same for Swift and Brazil....

Latest posts