sweet Tea Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

To quote Dolly Parton, it's the house wine of the South.

I make mine outdoors in a jar with two or three big tea bags and a little water with the lid on, take it in when it gets good and brown, pour about half a cup of sugar in it to let it dissolve in the warm tea and then dump in ice or ice water to dilute it. And there you have it.

I'm pretty sure that most kids around here grow up drinking sweet tea in their bottles. Dad liked to add his own sugar so Mom made it unsweet. I like it already sweetened. Chicked Express makes the best sweet tea ever. It even outlasts the ice in the cup. Good to the last sip. Large is .99. I try not to pass it up if I am thirsty and on the road. There's one down the road from Dad's nursing home that knows my voice on the loud speaker.

MO_cows":dtv9nmlj said:
denoginnizer":dtv9nmlj said:
Cammomeel? Tasted like camel

I think I can translate - chamomile tea???? There's no actual tea leaves in it, it's an herb. Supposed to help you relax/sleep.

Yes, it does. I've never tasted camel personally, but I'm pretty sure that if you soaked one in water for a while, that's what chamomile tea tastes like.

Lammie":2ei1scje said:
MO_cows":2ei1scje said:
denoginnizer":2ei1scje said:
Cammomeel? Tasted like camel

I think I can translate - chamomile tea???? There's no actual tea leaves in it, it's an herb. Supposed to help you relax/sleep.

Yes, it does. I've never tasted camel personally, but I'm pretty sure that if you soaked one in water for a while, that's what chamomile tea tastes like.

Has to. Tried it once to help me sleep and it tasted so rotten I didn't want to stay awake to finish it.

BeefmasterB, I was thinking forget the chamomile altogether. My mother's sleep aid is benadryl and Crown. :lol2:

farmwriter":q98sjjyo said:
BeefmasterB, I was thinking forget the chamomile altogether. My mother's sleep aid is benadryl and Crown. :lol2:

:lol: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Or Drambuie, hubby likes Sambuca as a sleep aid when he has a cold.. :cowboy:

hillsdown":36cfotfs said:
farmwriter":36cfotfs said:

:lol: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Or Drambuie, hubby likes Sambuca as a sleep aid when he has a cold.. :cowboy:

Looked up Sambuca and low and behold, found out it can be used as a sweetner for tea!!! Of course that would end up being licorice flavored ice tea!! :help: :lol2:

Not to take away from the thread, but if you are not from the south, what do yall drink with a meal?? water?? I am just courious.

I must admit that I like my tea sweet but not as sweet as most. my Grandmother use to be stout and how so much sugar that it was like drinking syrup. :)

I have tried sweet tea a few times at a very special restaurant up in my neck of the woods. Very best to drink on a hot summer day I agree. Have never made any of my own though. :cowboy: Lammie's simple recipe makes me tempted to try it out.

Auburn_Ag":ueyo96zc said:
Not to take away from the thread, but if you are not from the south, what do yall drink with a meal?? water?? I am just courious.
I drink diet coke exclusively, but this is dairy country and most around here have milk at every meal whether you are a dairy farmer or not.

dun":2qwe165q said:
angie":2qwe165q said:
denoginnizer":2qwe165q said:
Anyone have a really good recipe for makey great Tea? I went up north last year and discovered yawl have some kinda aversion to sweet tea. Whats the deal with that?
I don't know about the others from up north, but I like a cup of tea with sugar in the winter when it is really cold outside ~ warms you right up!! I have never cared so much for coffee, but tea is good enough. It is good for sore throats as well. I have given it to my people and they drink it too. :nod: I don't have a fancy recipe for it, I just heat the water in the microwave till its plenty hot, then use the lipton tea bags. Put in sugar to taste. Some people use honey as well.

You should know by now that southerners have to have something special. They can;t just call it iced tea like everyone else in the world.

We haven't heard of lutefisk either - until Angie came along. It sounds like it would take a few gallons of tea to get the taste out of your mouth.

Here's how I do it...put about 4-5 big spoons of Lipton "instant tea" into a gallon tea pitcher....add about 3 cups of sugar and fill with water...stir until "most" of the sugar melts.........It's ready !!!!! Add more sugar to taste. :cowboy:

TexasBred":2eheiwu9 said:
Here's how I do it...put about 4-5 big spoons of Lipton "instant tea" into a gallon tea pitcher....add about 3 cups of sugar and fill with water...stir until "most" of the sugar melts.........It's ready !!!!! Add more sugar to taste. :cowboy:

??????????? :lol2: Nothing like tea paste :lol2:

put water into old coffee pot, half full or so,...put on stove, heat up
when hot add 4 bags of tea, turn off heat, put lid on pot, let set for awhile
put 1 cup sugar in tea picture, add tea from the pot, add enough water to make it a gallon.....put ice in old pickle or jelly jar....pour tea..and enjoy
i aint never known anyone that didnt like my tea.
samm

CKC1586":1pp962hp said:
Isn't it interesting the differences in folks tastebuds depending on where they live? I think it is basically what you were raised with or get used to. I can't take sweet tea. I also cannot get used to drinking store milk even tho I haven't had raw milk available for about f... well many years.
But, I have a son in law that really likes his sweet tea, but sweetened with honey. Puts a couple of teaspoons in each glass.

It is funny that you say this. My cardiologist told me to drink only skim milk. It took a whole getting used to it. Back when I was single I was standing in line at the HEB, where else?, and this good looking man said, "Can I ask you a question?" and I batted my eyes and said, well, yeah...

He wanted to know how I could drink milk I could see through...

It wasn't the question I had in mind... :(

Put three family sized tea bags in a coffee pot and cycle it without the burner on. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Pour it in a 1 gallon picher with about 3/4 cup of sugar. Add ice to fill the gallon. Walla.

No soft drinks for me!

Lammie if you take two table spoons of milk and put it in a full glass of cold water, you'll have that skim milk :D (I don't know how folks can even drink the low fat let alone skim)

My ex's step mom was a kind of weight watchers freak and she diluted skim milk by half to put in her cereal. Half skim milk half water. It was really gross. Like pouring water on it. I draw the line there. I can't drink even 1% now. Tastes funny. Whole milk leaves a greasy taste in my mouth. And it is thick.

Latest posts