sweet Tea Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Anyone have a really good recipe for makey great Tea? I went up north last year and discovered yawl have some kinda aversion to sweet tea. Whats the deal with that?

denoginnizer":1ii9k6iw said:
Anyone have a really good recipe for makey great Tea? I went up north last year and discovered yawl have some kinda aversion to sweet tea. Whats the deal with that?
I don't know about the others from up north, but I like a cup of tea with sugar in the winter when it is really cold outside ~ warms you right up!! I have never cared so much for coffee, but tea is good enough. It is good for sore throats as well. I have given it to my people and they drink it too. :nod: I don't have a fancy recipe for it, I just heat the water in the microwave till its plenty hot, then use the lipton tea bags. Put in sugar to taste. Some people use honey as well.

angie":33zx2ptg said:
denoginnizer":33zx2ptg said:
I don't know about the others from up north, but I like a cup of tea with sugar in the winter when it is really cold outside ~ warms you right up!! I have never cared so much for coffee, but tea is good enough. It is good for sore throats as well. I have given it to my people and they drink it too. :nod: I don't have a fancy recipe for it, I just heat the water in the microwave till its plenty hot, then use the lipton tea bags. Put in sugar to taste. Some people use honey as well.
Angrie you poor sweet girl,
when southerners say they want sweet tea they mean Iced Tea not hot Tea, it is a hanging offense in the south not to serve sweet tea to friends and relatives and even strangers when they stop by, it must always be made fresh everyday and you should never run out

Sorry guys for her lack of ettiquette but she is from Upnort

Angus Cowman":14y6t62y said:
Angrie you poor sweet girl,
when southerners say they want sweet tea they mean Iced Tea not hot Tea,
Iced?? Yuck! No wonder no one drinks it up here.

Poor, Sweet Southerners......... :help:

angie":6lugqcn2 said:
[
Iced?? Yuck! No wonder no one drinks it up here.

Poor, Sweet Southerners......... :help:

I hope you realize, that those are indeed fighting words!

You may insult our friends, our dogs, our trucks, etc., etc., but please for the sake of Saint Robert E. Lee, please don't insult our unified southern beverage of choice (it just edged out luke warm beer).

angie":2374b7el said:
denoginnizer":2374b7el said:

You should know by now that southerners have to have something special. They can;t just call it iced tea like everyone else in the world.

TREY-L":2xilspbz said:
You may insult our friends, our dogs, our trucks, etc., etc., but please for the sake of Saint Robert E. Lee, please don't insult our unified southern beverage of choice (it just edged out luke warm beer). [/b]
Warm beer and cold tea......
No wonder you people are so ornery.
:lol2:

dun":2iy6qrqe said:
You should know by now that southerners have to have something special. They can;t just call it iced tea like everyone else in the world.
Oh, the Southerners.......they are "special" alright..... :help:

Well people ~ lets see what you got!
Where are these recipes originally asked for???
So far I am the only one who has ante upped. :clap:

angie":1s8xk2k5 said:
dun":1s8xk2k5 said:
Oh, the Southerners.......they are "special" alright..... :help:

Well people ~ lets see what you got!
Where are these recipes originally asked for???
So far I am the only one who has ante upped. :clap:

This might be a very difficult recipe for you folks up there. But I'll try anyway.

angie":1s8xk2k5 said:
" I just heat the water in the microwave till its plenty hot, then use the lipton tea bags. Put in sugar to taste."
Now this is the hard part. Let it steep until it's no longer hot. Take out the tea bags, pour tea into a pitcher, add water, sugar and ice.

BeefmasterB":1vav7jve said:
angie":1vav7jve said:
" I just heat the water in the microwave till its plenty hot, then use the lipton tea bags. Put in sugar to taste."
Now this is the hard part. Let it steep until it's no longer hot. Take out the tea bags, pour tea into a pitcher, add water, sugar and ice.
Well thats not at all what I was picturing.

Wheres the "special" ingredients??
You know ~ raspberry juice, lemon peel, mint leaf, crayfish tail, possom pouch, squirrel talon?

Out with your secret ingredients! :secret: :nod:

I hope you realize, that those are indeed fighting words!

You may insult our friends, our dogs, our trucks, etc., etc., but please for the sake of Saint Robert E. Lee, please don't insult our unified southern beverage of choice (it just edged out luke warm beer). [/b]

Trey..maybe over in your area but the block headed bohemians around here much prefer the luke warm beer....better yet pulled from under the seat in August is when it's really good.

I make iced tea all the time. I use my favorite tea at the time, lately I love a jasmin green tea. I use 3-1 more teabags than I would for a normal pot I hot tea. Boil your water and seep until dark in color like normal hot tea. Then add a tray of ice cubes and cool in fridge. Serve on ice with sugar or artificial sweetener available and let guests sweeten the tea themselves as to how they prefer it. If I have hot tea I drink it black but iced tea I like it a little bit sweet.

In a 4 cup glass measuring cup, heat just over 3 cups water 2 minutes.
Place 4 Luzianne family-size tea bags in the water, dunking them until they're wet enough to stay submerged. Microwave 2 minutes more.
Put 1 scant cup sugar in a gallon pitcher. Pour hot liquid over sugar and stir just a bit. Add tea bags back to liquid in the pitcher and steep 10 -15 minutes. Stir to make sure sugar is dissolved then fill with water to make 1 gallon.
Pour over ice to serve, and say 'bless your heart' anytime you want to say 'you're so stupid'. You're on your way to being a gracious southern host. :clap:

When the wife makes tea she puts a half dozen or so tea bags in a glass gallon pickle jar and sets it out in the sun for a copule of hours. When she likes the color (or remembers it's out there) she brings it in pulls out the bags and sticks it in the fridg

I guarntea most sothern folks no which restarant serves the best sweet tea in there town. Its not all the same . The further you go towards Lousianna the stronger it gets too.

O and I cant understand why anyone would drink hot tea or green tea. A friend of mine whose wife is from the wrong side of the mason dixon line tried to give me a cup of hot camel tea. Stay clear of that suff to. She also puts sugar in the cornbread witch is just about as offensive as the cammel tea.

Isn't it interesting the differences in folks tastebuds depending on where they live? I think it is basically what you were raised with or get used to. I can't take sweet tea. I also cannot get used to drinking store milk even tho I haven't had raw milk available for about f... well many years.
But, I have a son in law that really likes his sweet tea, but sweetened with honey. Puts a couple of teaspoons in each glass.

denoginnizer":aqtq3u4q said:
I guarntea most sothern folks no which restarant serves the best sweet tea in there town. Its not all the same . The further you go towards Lousianna the stronger it gets too.
That is plain truth. Most of the time I won't even drink it in a restaurant because it's such a gamble. Funny how something so simple can turn so wrong.

denoginnizer":3d68bp3p said:
O and I cant understand why anyone would drink hot tea or green tea. A friend of mine whose wife is from the wrong side of the mason dixon line tried to give me a cup of hot camel tea. Stay clear of that suff to. She also puts sugar in the cornbread witch is just about as offensive as the cammel tea.

What's camel tea ?????? You must have a really large tea pot to seep a camel.. :lol2: :p

Latest posts