"Sweet Home Alabama" will never be the same again

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
ROCKING RUSSKIES
Written by To The Point News
Thursday, 06 March 2008

Prepare yourself for this one - maybe with a Stoli martini or two.

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, the Soviet Red Army had an official choir composed of male soldiers and musicians. It still exists. The Red Army Choir performs throughout Russia to this day.

Now consider the Finnish rock band called The Leningrad Cowboys. A little while ago, they held a concert in Russia, in which - to the screaming applause of Russkie teen-agers - they got the Red Army Choir to join them on stage for a performance of "Sweet Home Alabama." In English. You couldn't make this up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014 :shock:

hrbelgians":1zpgtg1y said:
Miss Daisy":1zpgtg1y said:
i closed it after 20 seconds. thats disgusting

:???:
Hope they don't quit their day job, if there is such a thing.

Standing in line for Vodka?

Actually, my step daughter visited Russia in 2005 and said it was still pretty depressing. She saw folks everywhere, even kids, drunk on Vodka and that you were discouraged from appearing outwardly happy or sad or whatever. She was told to just keep a straight face till they got to where they were staying.

She was meeting someone she had known from school, I guess.

As a Southern Gentleman from the great state of Alabama, the Heart of Dixie, I am insulted.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Yeah No kiddin... Thats horrible, Id take rap over that any day. Goes to show you, they want to be more like USA.

dont know why ;-) ;-)

Just jokin.

Not bad considering its their second language. Haven't ya'll heard Japanese or Koreans sing American songs? That is 10 times worse! It would go something like this "seet home arabama... were sky is so brue."

Walt

Txwalt":2z78l4tg said:
Not bad considering its their second language. Haven't ya'll heard Japanese or Koreans sing American songs? That is 10 times worse! It would go something like this "seet home arabama... were sky is so brue."

Walt

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I about fell out of my chair on that one. The Russian army guys singing "woo woo woo" cracked me up.

So I had to see (hear) more.
You know they did pretty good on Stairway to Heaven , but murdered Smoke on the Water.

By the way that was from 1994 can't believe I haven't heard of them before.

Latest posts