Sweet Corn

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
had the first meal :D Man it's late :shock: about 3 weeks behind.
Got a good crop however. Going to sell this week.
Some say it's selling for $5 per dozen? haven't priced it.
What is sweet corn selling for in your area?

Seen some at the grocery store a week ago 4 for $1. Didn't check it out, I've got enough in the freezer to last a couple years. Usually about 40-50 cents an ear.

I've seen it at road side stands for $5/dozen at first of the season 2 weeks ago down to $3/dozen now. I would think in your area up north that $5/dz would sell pretty easy. Good Luck!

We're getting 3 for a buck at the Farmer's Markets and expect it to drop to 4/buck with all the back yard corn comming ready now. Still waiting for the pop corn to ripen, hopefully the hot weather this week will turn it.
DMc

I put up a self serve roadside stand. $3 per dozen. Had the honor system. box with a hole in it. :D :cowboy:
Worked great, checked twice a day and adding fresh corn and hauling home the cash.
Anybody care to guess what happened on about the 6th day? :mad: :devil2:

We get 3 ears for a dollar if we pick it. 5 for a dollar if they do.

Bullbuyer":3ida7h1j said:
I'm guessing that some out of towners stopped by and didn't understand the process. I'll say you lost the cash and the corn.

Yup, except probably was a local. Every ear gone and the $ box.

I was going to make up a sign, Boss wouldn't let me.

Sign would read;

"Two ways to meet your maker, #1 pray a lot, #2 let me catch you stealing from me. #2 will get you there faster.

1982vett":7z3qqa3l said:
? Say that again Ollie.
We sell corn for 3 ears for a dollar if we pick it, 5 ears for a dollar if they pick it.

Ollie- Now I understand. On the first post I read it as if they got a better deal when you did the work of picking it. Thanks for the clarification.

Could have swore you said it other way around. :lol: Anyway that is how I read it. More than once too. :help: AC you have a good explanation? Dyslexic maybe? :D

Latest posts