sweet Corn

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere in New England for some 50 # bags of Sweet Corn. I want to till up a few acreas out back and plant it.

All I can find are silly little 1/2 pound packs of seeds that cost a fourtune.

Where do you folks get your corn that plant tousands of Aceas at at time?

1563c.jpg

Few people plant huge plots of sweet corn so most of the time all I see is seed that is priced by the pound. Farmers that grow those huge fields buy from seed companies. Last I heard seed corn was between $130 and $150 for a 50 lb. bag. May be even higher now.

For sure :shock: if you buy it by the packet it will cost 1000's for the seed to plant a few acres. Sweet corn seed is very expensive however, even by the 50 pound bag. Yup go to the feed and seed dealer.

Sweet corn seed is around $8 pound in our area, if you just buy a pound or two - not sure about the fifty pound bag. Eight dollars sounds high but just think about a big ol'stack of them ears covered in butter, that makes it seem a lot better!

Susie David":13f8hb4i said:
Look up Rupp and order a calalog 50# will run from 6 to 15 bucks a sack depending on what you want.

I don't think G-90 sweet corn can be bought for $15 per $50 lb bag. It's more like $300 per bag.

The cheapest field corn is around $5 per lb.

I paid $98 for a bag of DeKalb 743 this year.

Cottonseed is running aroung $400 per bag this year including "Technology" fees. :shock:

we gets ours from the co-op packed by the tennessee farmers cooperative,lavergne, tenn. 37086 gosh, thats all i know.

Latest posts