sustainable, what is that

Help Support CattleToday:

Anything that gets a greenie excited enough to tell you that you are a murdering beast for eating meat and killing the world by using fertilizer.

And no matter how much you try to reason, you will always be the bad guy - that is what sustainable has turned into.

Bez

John, I agree with you....but unfortunately what Bez says is so true. :frowns:

Bez__":iwx73tmg said:
Anything that gets a greenie excited enough to tell you that you are a murdering beast for eating meat and killing the world by using fertilizer.

And no matter how much you try to reason, you will always be the bad guy - that is what sustainable has turned into.

Bez

What does it mean? it means you're going to have to pay a fee and do a mountain of paperwork, or face a price dock.

Organic now means about the same thing... you're aren't allowed to use DDT, but in extreme circumstances, pretty much anything else goes

What we're trying to get going (unsuccessfully at this point), is that the consumer gets connected to where his food comes from, and learns about the practices used on said farms... and they buy from the places that meet *their* criteria for management.

For $50 a month and only a $150 annual renewal fee I will certify your operation as sustainable. Please not the plaque and sign are not included. Also, once you are in my sustainable program I can guarantee you up to 200% more profit on your beef sales.

I went clicking through a few of the links off that site and just about puked at the reporting of Eliza Barclay,... For as much as I can tell a dyed in the wool city dwelling yuppy enviro-fascist..

Latest posts