surrogate mothers

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Do ya'll think that a regular size cow such as a hereford can carry 2 miniature lowline angus embryos and have them both with no trouble. Also will she provide enough milk for both calves?

She should be able to carry both embryos and provide enough milk. The trick is going to be getting her to care for both of them. It seems that a lot of time a cow with twins will only care for one of them.

J Baxter":k60yu58z said:
She should be able to carry both embryos and provide enough milk. The trick is going to be getting her to care for both of them. It seems that a lot of time a cow with twins will only care for one of them.

If you want her to carry twins and care for them you would be better off transplanting a British White. They are known for caring for twins.

Hey Campground
The new avatar looks real good.
Looks like we are in for more rain tonite and for the next few days.

Thanks. I know I got two hay fields on the ground. Was planning on baling tuesday when all the kids are gone. Looks like I had better grease up the old tedder rake.

We finally got the last of our hay up. It had been down since thursday a week ago. Piddly rain every day really screwed things up.

dun

Campground Cattle":liwhnyrl said:
Thanks. I know I got two hay fields on the ground. Was planning on baling tuesday when all the kids are gone. Looks like I had better grease up the old tedder rake.

Latest posts