Surgery Hip Replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Has anyone had HIP replacement surgery. If so did it help you and how long till you recovered. Ant information will be helpful.
Tom.

Not yet,but have talked to lots of people who told me recovery was the PITS,but that it was worth it after while..Took most of them 6-7 months before they could walk the whole store,but they never looked back or said I wish I haden't
Hope that helped...

No, but my dad had a knee replaced and it just never got better. He says it was better before they did it. That isn't always the case, certainly.

I think there are several folks here who have had relatives who had hip replacement. I am sure they will reply to this thread.

It sounds really hard to me.

I am good friends with an orthopedic surgeon and he says the surgery is major but the biggest problem with the surgery not making a huge difference on a hip or knee replacement is the patient not doing their physical therapy after the surgery
he says the patient will do it till it feels better and they are mobile and then they quit before it is time and then they have problems

My mother has had both of her knees replaced and she says it is the best thing she ever done

check around for a good surgeon and ask for references

Young neighbor, 40, had one this fall. The went to a doctor that used a method that pulled the muscles apart rather than cut them. He was up walking the next morning, driving a car within 5 days, and back at work in a 1.5 weeks.

You might check on the doctors technique. The doctor was a couple of hours away, but he feels the trip was well work the quick recovery.

ffamom":a5dd9nwj said:
Young neighbor, 40, had one this fall. The went to a doctor that used a method that pulled the muscles apart rather than cut them. He was up walking the next morning, driving a car within 5 days, and back at work in a 1.5 weeks.

You might check on the doctors technique. The doctor was a couple of hours away, but he feels the trip was well work the quick recovery.

Could you find out where he went?
My wife will be getting before to long.

Been thru hip replacement surgery with hubby. He had to have a big incision because he had rods in there from breaking the hip previously, which the Dr. had to remove to install the new hip.

The recovery time partly depends on whether the replacement hip is cemented in or not. His was not; they figure on replacing it again later since he was only in his 40's when it was installed. You have to wait longer to bear weight on it if it's not cemented. He was off work about 3 months, had lots of physical therapy the first few weeks. He is way better off now than without the replacement hip, not "bone on bone" and in constant pain anymore.

My son (38 years old) had hip replacement surgery last Oct. on Monday morning, came home on Weds.and walked up to my house on Thursday.
He went back to work(5 hours a day) 3 weeks later. Now for funny part , he's a machinist and makes all those replacement parts.

curtis":16dutxzx said:
My son (38 years old) had hip replacement surgery last Oct. on Monday morning, came home on Weds.and walked up to my house on Thursday.
He went back to work(5 hours a day) 3 weeks later. Now for funny part , he's a machinist and makes all those replacement parts.

That is what I call total loyalty!

Lammie":efbbyhzk said:
curtis":efbbyhzk said:

That is what I call total loyalty!

I may have to have my right knee replaced and he said don't worry Pop, i'll make you a good one.
He brought a sample from work for me to look at.
What a scary looking contraption.

My nephew, 34 yrs old had to have both hips done. No insurance... he found a " Medical Tourism" outfit and had both hips done( different times) for about 1/4 the cost in Mexico. He had really quick recovery and is very happy with his results. The procedure was called "resurfacing". Less invasive and faster recovery. Good Luck!

My son will have to have his knee replaced here within the next five years or so from injuries sustained in an accident. Doc put everything back together and told him he'd have to have it replaced sooner or later. It's sooner. Pains him all the time.

Dad watched the docs replace his knee on the monitor. I don't know if I am made of tha kind of stuff or not.

i have a friend that is 75 an he had hipp replacement surgy in oct just before winter.an his surgen said he would have him in shape to ride his jack ass next fall to go hunting in CO.an he was 5wks ahead on his PT.an he has been back running a D9 dozer for 8 to 12hrs a day for the last month.