Surf fishing

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Just ran to the gulf for a few days of surf and marsh fishing.
Usually I watch my husband wade through the shark infested water to throw out his bait...but this day, I put on my big girl pants and did it myself. First try, 40 inch bull red....

Husband makes holding them look so easy. His biggest was over 46 inches.

Looks like a good time! You appear to have your hands full with that one!

True Grit Farms":1o13nxiw said:
Nice fish for fighting not much to eat.
Yeah, we never keep the bull reds...just love the fight.. Caught a couple slot sized, but threw them back too.. We just love to fish...

cowgirl8":1pfkayq2 said:
True Grit Farms":1pfkayq2 said:
Nice fish for fighting not much to eat.
Yeah, we never keep the bull reds...just love the fight.. Caught a couple slot sized, but threw them back too.. We just love to fish...
Aren't the Specks supposed to start biting this time of year? Specks are some good eating.

The daughter that shoots is fishing for crappie right now at some lake in Oklahoma. We can get all the crappie we want out of our ponds. I love the run of the reds..you work and work to get some line in and they run out twice as much. You also don't know what the heck you'll pull in... got this little sucker...Bonnethead shark..a type of hammerhead...

cowgirl8":1jfoq4e7 said:
The daughter that shoots is fishing for crappie right now at some lake in Oklahoma. We can get all the crappie we want out of our ponds. I love the run of the reds..you work and work to get some line in and they run out twice as much. You also don't know what the heck you'll pull in... got this little sucker...Bonnethead shark..a type of hammerhead...
Sorry I meant speckled trout.

We didn't see any trout activity.. Usually they are where the birds are...saw no birds... Husband did hook a 4+ alligator gar.. It was pretty scary looking and I did not want it in the boat. He was lucky to be able to get the hook out with me kind of holding him with the net...that's all I could do with the net, wasn't big enough for it to fit in...

Latest posts