Supporting the cattle industry.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
In Georgia we have over 15 thousand cattle producers, and only 5,460 are GCA members. I encourage everyone to join their local cattlemens chapter, FFA and Young Farmers organizations. We all need to work together even if we don't always agree with everything that's going on in the agricultural industry. I feel we owe it to the industry to support the industry, and there's a lot of folks that have worked hard for us for years. Thanks for the support and help, we can always use more.

Wish the industry would support cow/calf folks. Then it would be worth it. Locally is is fine but always the great deal about the checkoff. We've covered that before.

Ebenezer":128d8siq said:
Wish the industry would support cow/calf folks. Then it would be worth it. Locally is is fine but always the great deal about the checkoff. We've covered that before.
My wife personally does 20+ farm days a year at different schools, and coordinates on several others every year. Every kid gets a pencil, a beef work - coloring book and some beef stickers. All the teachers get a beef what's for dinner cook book, a beef bumper sticker and the answers to the kids work book. Everything for the kids and teachers is paid for by the beef checkoff program. We donate everything else personally. I encourage everyone to do this, some of the questions the kids ask are worth the price of admission. We did a pre K school last week and had to shake a kid down to get our cow teeth back. After one class leaves we get everything ready for the next group and I noticed that the teeth were missing, a first for us. My wife went and talked to the teacher and she got the teeth back for us.

I read R-CALF and the human society are teamed up taking on the checkoff dollars.

TG,
Nice post. I agree completely, not only join but get involved. Every local cattlemans organization could use good people experts and novices alike.

ddd75":3g4hbbje said:
Ebenezer":3g4hbbje said:
ddd75":3g4hbbje said:
I read R-CALF and the human society are teamed up taking on the checkoff dollars.
I've read that it is not true.

i dunno

https://www.drovers.com/article/hsus-r- ... ssociation
Editor's Note: The opinions in this commentary are those of Kate Miller.
Kate Miller, communications director for Stand Up Republic Arkansas, is a third-generation rancher, a tenured meat processing professional and has a development background in global trade.
You don't think they may have and ax to grind with R-CALF? NCBA definitely wants to keep control of all the beef Checkoff dollars. I think NCBA receives 10% for managing the hand outs of Beef Checkoff dollars to those that they see fit.

Latest posts