Supporting local businesses

Help Support CattleToday:

Stan at McArthur Post and Lumber in McArthur, OH or Bluegrass Treated Wood in Nicholasville, KY. It looks like you are only about 2.5 hours from Stan, and they have several delivery trucks of all sizes. I run a truck down your way every couple weeks, but it's just a wire route. If you want to take a bus ride, call Sam at Green River Post in Sebree, KY. Feel free to PM me if you want any of their phone numbers.

Farm Fence Solutions":1xs1v6zk said:
Stan at McArthur Post and Lumber in McArthur, OH or Bluegrass Treated Wood in Nicholasville, KY. It looks like you are only about 2.5 hours from Stan, and they have several delivery trucks of all sizes. I run a truck down your way every couple weeks, but it's just a wire route. If you want to take a bus ride, call Sam at Green River Post in Sebree, KY. Feel free to PM me if you want any of their phone numbers.

thanks a lot i'll give them a holler.

appreciated. :tiphat:

We have that with a local jeweler. I did not go to them when I bought my wife's engagement or wedding rings. Went there to get a re-size and was looking for a second band for the ring. They told me the band wouldn't be cheap, but I said to just go ahead and see what they cost. An exact match was over $2000 (The original band was less than $200 in 2009). Said a similar one would be $1500. I looked at the national chain that we bought the original band at... $500.

Edit to add: These prices were from December 2016.

Geez, sounds like some of you guys were shopping north of the border. Rule of thumb up here is for business to take whatever the market will bear and haggling is a foreign word. The most successful businesses up here don't follow that train of thought. But a lot of my dollars still end up stateside.

greybeard":2020jd1a said:
I dunno--seems like I saw some pics he posted of some fence he was building overseas...

Yep, that was me. Fencing has taken me around the world, believe it or not.

Yep, it's the same here.. 15 years ago they wanted $44 for a roll of tarpaper at the local supplier, at the big city it was $25.. and it's the same with COUNTLESS other items.. Please, no Vaseline, I'd rather take it with sand and chilli oil!
I don't mind paying slightly more in a small town, I understand that, but when it's nothing short of a ripoff, screw it, I'll shop elsewhere.. And I hate to admit it, but I'm doing much more shopping on Ebay now if I don't need it in a hurry.
Friend of mine works on excavators, the thumb switches always fail, Finning (CAT dealer) wants $15 each for them, so he asked me to see what I can get them for.... Well, I got *40* of them for $9.75 delivered, and they're identical.. I bought some mini toggle switches, heat shrink tubing, all sorts of electronics from there now.. When I spend $100 there I have something to show for it at least, and truth be told i haven't had any bad quality stuff yet.. I certainly am not paying 1000% markup for someone to import it!