Supplier for hay roller belts?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Is it best to just new belts at the dealership? I "hear" there are aftermarket companies that offer a better belt cheaper.

There are a lot of different belting companies it seems, and they all seem to have good reviews. I think my last ones came from American Belting or something like that. They were around $50 per belt cheaper than the dealers in the area.

I was wondering the aftermarket belts too. Local Peavy Mart sells them well over $100 cheaper per. I've got an old JD 566 with rotten belts I wouldn't mind going through and replacing all bearings and belts. It's not doing me any good sitting in the weeds, and with a bit of an investment would be a great backup or second baler.

jltrent said:
https://usbalerbelts.com/

I've ordered from these folks before. As long as they're in business, I have no desire to deal with anyone else - top notch.

ChrisB said:
There are a lot of different belting companies it seems, and they all seem to have good reviews. I think my last ones came from American Belting or something like that. They were around $50 per belt cheaper than the dealers in the area.
I think that's where I got mine....diamond pattern triple ply. JD OEM type belt. No idea as to origin but great belts. Since you only rebelt seldom, pay the extra up front and get the heavy duty, forget the name, connections. Course my current baler is a 1991, no idea as to how many bales and most of the belts and connectors, alligator I think they are called....with all the teeth, are still intact. I have replaced the plastic coated wire within. The belts I bought were for my previous baler.

Yes, Alligator are the best connectors I've used. When the rivets start pulling out of your belts it generally not the connectors fault, it's time for new belts.

Silver said:
I was wondering the aftermarket belts too. Local Peavy Mart sells them well over $100 cheaper per. I've got an old JD 566 with rotten belts I wouldn't mind going through and replacing all bearings and belts. It's not doing me any good sitting in the weeds, and with a bit of an investment would be a great backup or second baler.
With new roller bearings and new belts our JD 530 baler is still going strong and is our main baler.

Figure I should mention BT Belting, he sells on Ebay and Amazon. I guess to be fair I haven't used the belt yet, so can't comment on quality. I just know it's a 3 ply belt, OEM was 2 ply. But for customer service, I couldn't ask for more. I tore up a belt on Sat, July 4th with a third of my hay for the year down. Sunday morning I ordered a belt off Ebay and left a message asking if they offered expedited shipping. He (Bryan Orick) responding by noon Sunday and called me first thing Monday morning to get all the info. The belt made it here by 10 this morning, Tuesday. Price was as good as any place else I could find.
This was after I spent $427 and waited three weeks to have TWO belts re-laced at the local dealer. I would have been better off just buying new ones. Lesson learned.

Silver said:
Yes, Alligator are the best connectors I've used. When the rivets start pulling out of your belts it generally not the connectors fault, it's time for new belts.
Whatever the name, as you stated, the ones with the rivets. Just looking at the installation process vs the other tells you right off that it will remain secure for a very long time.