Super m or a m

Help Support CattleToday:

jbird 4020

Reaction score
Would a m or a super m pull a disc dine or hay bine an how hard is it to get a hydrolic line to lift the hay bine or disc bine up an down would it be hard to do an how much would it cost. Or what about a super c would it do the job also or would i need a super m or h to do the job. Thanks Jbird 4020

a H will pull a haybine and a super M will pull a discbine just depends on what sixe of mower you go with as for the hydraulics it can be done but has been a long time since we had one of these that I can't remember how we done it was over 30yrs ago

The super c is a lil small for either application

I doubt you will run a discbine with either tractor. It takes about 10 hp for each rotor. The M's will run a 9 ft haybine, maybe not real fast. You could use a single acting cylinder (one hose) to raise the cutterbar, and gravity to lower. Cost you the price of hose, and a vent for your cyinder.

turklilley":2j1yuzvr said:
I doubt you will run a discbine with either tractor. It takes about 10 hp for each rotor. The M's will run a 9 ft haybine, maybe not real fast. You could use a single acting cylinder (one hose) to raise the cutterbar, and gravity to lower. Cost you the price of hose, and a vent for your cyinder.
am I mistaken but wasn't a super M around 60hp if so then it wouldn't have a problem pulling a 7 ft discbine which only has 5 rotors using your figures

thanks alot i just wasnt sure if it would pull one or not an what would a super c be good for in the hay feild.

is a H a prutty stout tractor for like pulling a square bailer and bush hoging and just different things for a hobby farm i cut hay with a sickle mower with my super c and i found a guy that has a H for a really good price and i love the older tractors so would an H be good for pulling my square bailer around with and bush hoging with.... Thanks Jbird 4020

I use a 1954 Super MTA, which has about 45 hp. It will run a sickle bar okay, but not sure if it would do more than that. It will run a square baler with no issues. I also have a Super C, which will run a square baler and sickle bar mower. The Super MTA has also been used to run a 5x5 round baler rated at 50 hp, but it is a load for it when the bales are about ready to wrap (full size). I don't do use the 5x5 round baler behind it anymore.

A H would do about the same as the M. The Super MTA is set up with a single remote for a two-way cylinder. It then has a one-way lift hook-up. I am not sure about older Ms or Super Ms. I don't think the older Ms will have the hydraulics you need. A Super M may have the hydraulics, but I am not sure if they are set up for a two-way. It could be done though, but may not have the HP you need to run something beyond a sickle bar mower.

An H is ok on a sickle mower. Maybe a haybine on level ground but not on slopes. I would think a M would be about the same. A super M would probably be ok for a haybine. Why? I thought I would be nostalgic and use an H to cut and bale hay. I succeeded in getting the job done, but I quickly recognized that independent pto, wide front ends, power steering, 3-point hitch, and good breaks were invented for good reasons. The worst was the pto. Talk about cussing. Try to pull a sickle bar anything through thick grass in small, irregular fields when the pto stops every time you bump the clutch. Talk about a bad haircut and a bad day. :mad:

Latest posts