Super Duty son

Help Support CattleToday:

OLF

Reaction score
What do you think of this 5 month old bull calf? I look at him too much, some days I love him, other days I'm not sure.

901Wside2.jpg

901Wside.jpg

901Wrear.jpg

This was him at 1 month old.
901W.jpg

I like him a lot. Good muscle expression, great topline and good depth. Like to see him at a yr.

Very good calf, could have been slightly deeper chested with a touch more spring of rib at this stage, but he is still young and can develope a lot more. He already is starting to show signs of masculinity which is always a good sign this early.

I've liked a lot of the Super Duty calves I've seen and I like this one too. If I didn't give a hoot, I'd use Super Duty and Star SS Thunder all the time, and put some good thick calves on the ground. I just don't think this is the direction we need to go with the calving difficulty and high birth weights to be competitive.

I really like this calf - see this is what I mean about being able to pick bull from heifer - he looks like a bull even in that month old pic

He's my type of calf - long and stretchy. Good legs from what I can see of them. I think you will be pleased as he grows out.

I know what you mean looking at them every day. When I go pick out our show calves (bulls and heifers), I'm always really excited about them. By the time I've worked with them for several months, and the show rolls around, I'm so used to them I start doubting them, they arent big enough, straight enough, feminine enough, muscled enough, that one doesnt quite walk right, none of them will be much good. But when I get them there and see them up against other animals, they look sooo much better and they end up in the top end of the class.

Latest posts