Super Busy Here and feeling Tired

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Taking a break now. Trying to stay caught up. Got the house roofed and brother's also. Finally got the Ryegrass and Wheat hay cured and baled up and off the field. Then got the soybean ground sprayed. Had some loads of Top Soil brought in and dumped in low spots in bean field got them smoothed out. Got some logs cut up and loaded out of the yard and pasture. One of the cattle working facilities fixed up. Few of the cattle worked and vaccinated. The rest of the hay is ready, ground is ready for beans, and still the majority of the cattle still needs to be worked. Wish me luck that the other cattle facility holds up, haven't had time to make the repairs it needs. Don't need anymore flat tires or any more type of tractor break downs. Suppose to have baby showers to shop for and go to for my cousin and sister in law. Don't think that's happening. Dad got to have a pretty big surgery here very soon too so helping him get things in order for him to be more comfortable when he gets to go home. Just a busy hectic nervous time and I ain't getting much sleep feels like I have carpal tunnel. Wish me luck and lift up a prayer for dad for a successful surgery and a fast recovery.

Good luck ...keep on keeping on.

While we're crying... last week
I had a refrigerator quit, a two month old welder quit, a transmission go out..4x4 dually. I put the crew in the shop truck the next morning. They got caught in a hailstorm that beat the glass in. The pump went out in my aerobic septic tank.
We drove across a customer s Leach field. He said nothing if it being 100yards from the house and unmarked.
But of course it's my fault.
To save me 20minutes I stopped to have e oil changed in the new truck. Got down the street and the drain plug fell out.. that cost a day.
It's already 100degrees. And wonder boy farm fence solutions keeps texting me pics from his ##$_-+(_# houseboat.

Today's a new day

callmefence":2td097bs said:
Good luck ...keep on keeping on.

While we're crying... last week
I had a refrigerator quit, a two month old welder quit, a transmission go out..4x4 dually. I put the crew in the shop truck the next morning. They got caught in a hailstorm that beat the glass in. The pump went out in my aerobic septic tank.
We drove across a customer s Leach field. He said nothing if it being 100yards from the house and unmarked.
But of course it's my fault.
To save me 20minutes I stopped to have e oil changed in the new truck. Got down the street and the drain plug fell out.. that cost a day.
It's already 100degrees. And wonder boy farm fence solutions keeps texting me pics from his ##$_-+(_# houseboat.

Today's a new day

New day indeed....starts all over again.....

Prayers for your dad!

I'll throw in my mini drama: Lost power late Sat afternoon after we spent all day clearing brush and we're literally the last/furthest address they service. After a few hours it was clear we weren't getting power any time soon so Hubby went to town because we didn't have enough gas for the generator. Loaded the generator in the bucket of the track loader along with 5 extension cords & brought it up to the house. Threaded the cords through a basement window to the mechanical room and emptied out the upstairs kitchen fridge/freezer, put everything in the downstairs chest freezer. Went to fire up the generator and the key was gone, must have fallen out somewhere between the barn & the house, which is .25 mile as the crow flies but the road is the scenic route. Pulled out the giant magnet on wheels, by now we needed flashlights, and eventually found the key. Didn't have the generator on for more than 10 minutes when the power came back on. Spent quality time putting everything back. A cold shower never felt so good!

Spent the next afternoon getting the boat cleaned up & out of storage. Using the terms "boat" and "storage" loosely because it's a piece of junk held together primarily with Bondo & we keep it in an old hay barn during the winter. Decided to take it out for a nice, leisurely, evening ride around the lake. Naturally the battery died when we got to the other end so I got a good workout rowing us back to shore while Hubby spewed profanities (not at me).

My heifer that's having an "oops" baby was due Sat but I'm guessing it's a bull calf & needs a little more time in the cooker. Watching her like a hawk, night & day and super stressed. Hopefully she'll do fine but . . . . Wine, party of one.

I have been busy getting things ready for the move. And I have been trying to get the irrigation system here up and running. You have to use the irrigation at least once every five years or you lose the water rights. It had been at least three years so we wanted to get the field watered. So I was fighting the system. Leak here or there. Wrong fittings caused multiple trips to the valley for supplies (50-60 miles each way). It just wouldn't put out enough water to make the big gun work. About the time I was throwing my hands in the air, the pump went out. Wonderful. That pump supplies water to two houses here along with the irrigation. The good news is the son in law has a pump installing business. The bad news is even with good relative discount a 5 hp, 50 gpm, 3 phase, variable speed pump is costly. But what the heck it is only money. And once the new pump was installed the irrigation system worked. It appears that the weak going out pump was the issue all along.

Oye. Y'all are making me feel better about my little travails.
scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
noun: Schadenfreude; noun: schadenfreude

Definition: pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

;) not really pleasure, I promise!

boondocks":186uxq8k said:
Oye. Y'all are making me feel better about my little travails.
scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
noun: Schadenfreude; noun: schadenfreude

Definition: pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

;) not really pleasure, I promise!
Just makes yours not seem so bad!

True Grit Farms":86sip4dm said:
greybeard":86sip4dm said:
Had a TEE done yesterday morning..had to be there at 0600.
It werent fun, but finally off all blood thinners!!

That sounds like good news.

If they took you off the thinners things must have looked good. I would say that down the throat test is no fun as I have had the external ones done which is nothing. The little filter device implanted sounds like a good deal.

Feeling better and mostly caught up. Dad had near a 4 hour surgery and was in hospital 10 days. He's at home now and on his way back to a full recovery. Thanks for prayers and thoughts. You all, are in mine as well. Wishing us all the best days and to enjoy them as fully as we can.

FlyingLSimmentals":2uuoofuy said:
Feeling better and mostly caught up. Dad had near a 4 hour surgery and was in hospital 10 days. He's at home now and on his way back to a full recovery. Thanks for prayers and thoughts. You all, are in mine as well. Wishing us all the best days and to enjoy them as fully as we can.

Good news on your dad. As I have gotten older I realize even more that Rome wasn't built in a day and try to realize there is another day and if not want matter anyway.

Latest posts