Super Bowl

Help Support CattleToday:

The decision by the Pats to kick that last field goal cost me $100. 4th and less then a foot, and then you can just take a knee to end the game.......

odds to win Super Bowl in 2020
KC 7-1
Rams 8-1
Saints 8-1
Patriots 10-1
Da Bears 14-1
Dolphins opened at 300-1 and dropped to 100-1

odds of all Texas Super Bowl in 2020 (Dallas vs Houston) 160-1

Son of Butch said:
Super Bowl parties are the worst. Bunch of people that don't follow football, talking during the game ruining it for those wanting to watch and only shut up for the commercials and halftime. :)
So true.

Bestoutwest said:
Son of Butch said:
Bestoutwest said:
Well, I'm not sure I'm too excited about it. I'm interested to see how Belichick handles his team. It will also be interesting to see how McVay handles the pressure of being in the Big Game, and if he can shut down Tom Brady.

Not too excited about Maroon 5 and the infusion of rap....
Bum's boy...
Wade Phillips figuring out how to take away Edelmann as a receiver could be key to the game.

Oh the good old days when halftime was just a marching band that none cared about.
Super Bowl parties are the worst. Bunch of people that don't follow football, talking during the game ruining it for those wanting to watch and only shut up for the commercials and halftime. :)

I hear you. The commercials are all "woke" this year. I get it, your company is politically correct.
I didn't see the commercial and didn't read the "news article", but I saw a headline where apparently some commercial or another offended some vegans.

ga.prime said:
Son of Butch said:
So true.

I don't know. I went to a pretty good one. Prime rib dinner before the game started. Over 40 adults there. Televisions set up in 3 different rooms. Now I sure wouldn't have wanted to watch in the living room. People there were talking and not watching the game. The basement however had 10-12 people intent on the game. You can tell I live in cattle country. At half time 5 or 6 men got up and left. Calving season has started here and they had to go check on heifers. They all got back by mid way through the 3rd quarter.

Dave said:
I don't know. I went to a pretty good one. Prime rib dinner before the game started. Over 40 adults there. Televisions set up in 3 different rooms. Now I sure wouldn't have wanted to watch in the living room. People there were talking and not watching the game. The basement however had 10-12 people intent on the game. You can tell I live in cattle country. At half time 5 or 6 men got up and left. Calving season has started here and they had to go check on heifers. They all got back by mid way through the 3rd quarter.

I had the DVR going for the first quarter b/c I had to feed and water. Took me about 40 minutes. I caught up, but I know there are folks who could not have dealt with something like that. It's just what we do.....

Son of Butch said:
KC 7-1
Rams 8-1
Saints 8-1
Patriots 10-1
Da Bears 14-1

Vikings?

How did the odds work out last year? Pretty close except Philly.
For last season, before the season began, Pats were 6:1 favorites to win SB.
The next 4 favored teams
Eagles-9:1
Rams-10:1
Steelers-10:1
Vikings-12:1

They had it pretty close tho the Saints being missing from top 4 may now have seemed curious they weren't far behind.
At the end of 2018 preseason games:
As of September 2, 2018

Team Odds
New England Patriots +625
Philadelphia Eagles +900
Los Angeles Rams +1000
Pittsburgh Steelers +1000
Minnesota Vikings +1250
New Orleans Saints +1300
Green Bay Packers +1400
Atlanta Falcons +1500
Jacksonville Jaguars +1600
Los Angeles Chargers +1600
San Francisco 49ers +1800
Houston Texans +2200
Dallas Cowboys +2800
Kansas City Chiefs +2900
Oakland Raiders +3500
Tennessee Titans +3800
Baltimore Ravens +4000
Chicago Bears +4000
New York Giants +4000
Denver Broncos +4000
Carolina Panthers +4200
Seattle Seahawks +4400
Detroit Lions +4500
Indianapolis Colts +4900
Washington Redskins +6500
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +9000
Cincinnati Bengals +9000
Cleveland Browns +9500
New York Jets +10000
Arizona Cardinals +11500
Buffalo Bills +12000
Miami Dolphins +12500

Chiefs 7-1
Rams, Saints 8-1
New England 10-1
Bears 14-1
Chargers, Colts, 49ers and Vikings 16-1 (Vikes should be 20-1)
Packers, Philly 20-1
Browns, Steelers 22-1
Dallas, Houston 25-1
Atlanta 28-1
Baltimore, Carolina, Jacksonville 33-1
NY Giants, Seattle 40-1
Tennessee 50-1
Arizona, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, NY Jets, Raiders, Redskins, Tampa Bay 66-1
Miami 100-1

Bettor X lost 2 million at MGM betting Rams to win, same guy who won 6 million from them in
Super Bowl LII by taking Philly to win.

I'm working on a theory that the Vikings curse relates to Sid Hartman, Sid turns 99 March 15, 2020
I'm going to guarantee the Vikings win a Super Bowl within 40 years of his passing.
The Red Sox broke the curse of the Bambino in 2004 I say the Vikings can break the Hartman curse
maybe 50 years later in 2054, but it will be broken. :)

greybeard said:
Browns and Steelers even at 22-1?

Steelers should be better odds.
The Browns star is rising and the Steelers fading, neither made the playoffs.
I'm surprised by Baltimore at 33-1 I'd put all three at 25-1 and Dallas, Philly and Vikes 20-1

greybeard said:
Browns and Steelers even at 22-1?

Steelers should be better odds.

I don't know. Big Ben has kind of turned into Big has Ben. Antonia Brown is more than likely gone. Leveon Bell May or May not be back. They're kind of a mess right now.

Son of Butch said:
KC 7-1
Rams 8-1
Saints 8-1
Patriots 10-1
Da Bears 14-1

The Texas Super bowl is a pipe dream until Houston gets rid of O'Brien.
He gets out coached every time.

Caustic Burno said:
Son of Butch said:

The Texas Super bowl is a pipe dream until Houston gets rid of O'Brien.
He gets out coached every time.

Gonna take a whole lot more than just that.... easier getting rid of a coach than it is an owner. That's what I think it's going to take to fix the other teams problem. :2cents:

I see that Robert Kraft, the 77 year old owner of the Patriots has now been charged with 2 counts of solicitation of prostitution in Florida due to extracurricular activities in a strip mall massage parlor..... (illegal use of the hands? )
His 39 yr old girlfriend/hanger on back in New England probably isn't too happy...

greybeard said:
I see that Robert Kraft, the 77 year old owner of the Patriots has now been charged with 2 counts of solicitation of prostitution in Florida due to extracurricular activities in a strip mall massage parlor..... (illegal use of the hands? )
His 39 yr old girlfriend/hanger on back in New England probably isn't too happy...

Good for him, he's getting along pretty good for 77.

slick4591 said:
I'd be proud to own it at his stage in life.
An old guy stops a stranger on the street and says "I got some last night!"

Stranger says "Okaayy,...but why are you telling me?"

Old guy says "He//, I'm telling everybody!"

Latest posts