Super Bowl Party Food Ideas

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
I'm having a Super Bowl party. We're Steeler fans (notice the resemblance (sp) of the Hawks and Steelers). I need ideas for food. We're having 8-10 friends over. What are your favorite snacks?

HANKY PANKY
(Mini Pizzas)

1 pound of Piedmontese ground beef
1 pound of breakfast sausage
1 pound of processed cheese, cubed
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1 loaf of party rye bread (cocktail size)

Brown ground beef and sausage, drain if using pork sausage. Add seasonings and cubed processed cheese and stir mixture over low heat until melted. Cover single slices of the bread with the mixture. If serving immediately put under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. Or place them on a cookie sheet and freeze, then transfer to zip lock bags. To have a quick appetizer take as many as you wish from the freezer and broil for 2 to 3 minutes.

Wisteria Farms":2x9acsyy said:
You know I'm just kidding... :lol2:
Of course! We (PAUS) did a cookbook that I volunteered to help on. That was one of the recipes I submitted. My Mom used to try to have those in the freezer in case they got unexpected company she would have a quick snack to serve. She loved to cook and feed people. Heck she used to put cookies in the mail box for the mail man!

CKC1586":wvxivnkj said:
Wisteria Farms":wvxivnkj said:
You know I'm just kidding... :lol2:
Of course! We (PAUS) did a cookbook that I volunteered to help on. That was one of the recipes I submitted. My Mom used to try to have those in the freezer in case they got unexpected company she would have a quick snack to serve. She loved to cook and feed people. Heck she used to put cookies in the mail box for the mail man!
She sounds like was a sweet, sweet woman. Just out of curiosity... how well did the cookbooks go over? Sounds like a great fund-raising idea.

KNERSIE":3dmgh5vt said:
Didn't you neglect to say Piedmontese breakfast sausages? :lol2:
;-) Actually one of my mentors did have some sausage done up and it tasted really good. Kinda hard to get used to how it looked in the pan cuz it sure didn't cook like pork sausage! But the flavor was great. He did up allot of different applications to see how they would turn out. The summer sausage and beef sticks where just fabulous.

Sorry for the side tracking of the thread...soo... here is another really good recipe:

ARTICHOKE SPINACH DIP

2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
1 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces Sargento parmesan, Romano and mozzarella cheese mix

Squeeze excess water out of spinach. Mix artichokes, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise garlic and cheese together well. Put in a baking dish and bake at 300 degrees until warmed through. Serve with bread chunks, bagel chips or crackers.

When we do anything like that here one of the main things I make is a huge platter of nachos.

You need 2lbs of ground beef , 2 packages burrito or taco seasoning, 1 bundle of green onions, a jar of pickled sliced jalapenos,1 bag tortilla chips, 1 kg of tex mix shredded cheese and i can black olives sliced.

Brown your ground beef and seasoning do not use as much water as the package says. Let the mixture cool ,when cool break it up with hands so there are no large chunks and it is mixed thoroughly.
Take a large 16" pizza pan (spray with pam or another nonstick spray first) and completely cover pan with tortilla chips then cover thoroughly with beef mixture. Top with cheese then sliced green onions, olives and jalapenos.. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until bubbling.

Remove and serve with sour cream ,salsa and guacamole. I provide separate plates so people can take what they want and add the toppings they want.

The key to this is do not be frugal, use lots of beef and cheese etc. This dish will dissapear very fast.. :)

Latest posts