super bowl par-tay

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
We're having a Super Bowl party tomorrow. We're actually Steeler fans (you know they stole the Iowa uniform, dont' you ;-) or maybe the other way around) but it's an excuse to clean the house and have friends over. I'm making dill pickles wrapped in cream cheese and dried beef, nachos, bbq water chesnuts, bbq and hot wings, and fruit/fruit dip. Should keep us noshing

I hope it's a good game. I like the Colts b/c Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders play for them and b/c Peyton is a stud. Can't remember who the halftime entertainment is, I enjoy that as well. Probably won't be watching the 4 hour pregame, my daughter is in the 2nd round of Knights of Columbus free throw contest at 1pm.

We had people over during the game and served horderves etc and then we had a dinner party after the game. Grilled tenderloin and rib eye steaks ,jumbo prawns with a garlic butter dipping warmer sauce, breaded mushrooms, fresh green beans, baby asparagus in a lemon dill sauce, double baked stuffed potatoes with all the trimmings, and homemade ciabatta cheese bread.. :D It was delicious and we had a great time, a few bottles of great vino were consumed as well.. :nod:

A long day , but it was a very fun day, plus a few guests got to go out and check the cows ready to calve and the new babies .. :lol2:

hillsdown":37pb02is said:
We had people over during the game and served horderves etc and then we had a dinner party after the game. Grilled tenderloin and rib eye steaks ,jumbo prawns with a garlic butter dipping warmer sauce, breaded mushrooms, fresh green beans, baby asparagus in a lemon dill sauce, double baked stuffed potatoes with all the trimmings, and homemade ciabatta cheese bread.. :D It was delicious and we had a great time, a few bottles of great vino were consumed as well.. :nod:

A long day , but it was a very fun day, plus a few guests got to go out and check the cows ready to calve and the new babies .. :lol2:

Well that beats the typical chip & dip all to pieces. Sounds great!

HD....heck that's no party....that's a state dinner. Guess my invite got lost somewhere in all the activities.

Latest posts