Sunrise

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
Sun came up big and red this morning. Took a picture but it didn't capture the moment.

0026.JPG

I have a very enjoyable time watching the sunrise from my front porch. There are usually some geese in my pond, there just night campers now as the weather has changed. Can you imagine living in a city where there is nothing to see but the side of a building when you look out the window.

kerley":1561si64 said:
I have a very enjoyable time watching the sunrise from my front porch. There are usually some geese in my pond, there just night campers now as the weather has changed. Can you imagine living in a city where there is nothing to see but the side of a building when you look out the window.

Like being penned up.

Cal

kenny thomas":3dnxxzns said:
Did any rain follow the red sky?

No rain but the wind did kick up about 6 PM for a little while. No stormy night.

kenny thomas":3dnxxzns said:
One of our firefighters is in Fredricksburg, is that near you.
In a Texas kind of way. Fredricksburg is 4 - 5 counties to the west. Almost due west, about 150 miles. :p

By Texas standards that just next door. He sent me a note that he had found a ranch for sale somewhere "near" Del Rio. Just $995 per acre and only 50 miles to the mailbox. Said even the cedar trees were dying. How does anyone ranch there?

kenny thomas":1h6x6e93 said:
By Texas standards that just next door. He sent me a note that he had found a ranch for sale somewhere "near" Del Rio. Just $995 per acre and only 50 miles to the mailbox. Said even the cedar trees were dying. How does anyone ranch there?

You gotta have a whole bunch of those $995 acres to sustain a cow.

1982vett":a1u66lfb said:
Del Rio is getting out where it is dry in a wet year.

I've been down that way a time or two. It's like a different world than east Texas. Vett, I drove to Austin and back last week and saw a bunch of hay headed from east Texas to central Texas. What's a roll of hay going for in central Texas these days?

Lets see, 6x6 unharvested corn stubble was going for $50. The stuff being hauled in 4x6 and 5x5 $65-$75 depending on if you take a whole load. What I was looking at last month, the quality was poor, old stuff stored outside or first cut full of trash. Some frozen wheat was going for $65 for a load of 4x6's. Haven't looked at anything lately. Their is a guy hauling alfalfa in 3x3x8's from Colorado, I think that is going for $140 a bale. I hear it is pretty good. Last year hay was being hauled east and west. This year it is all going west.

Couple of years ago, I paid $65 per roll for the crappiest looking small rolls you've ever seen. We got through the winter on it though and I was glad to have it. Sure hope the drought breaks soon for y'all. It wears on you.

Calman":3gvm7u9w said:
kerley":3gvm7u9w said:

Like being penned up.

Cal
Thats exactly how I feel, my dorm is like a prison cell. Atleast my cell mate is cool.

now thats a pretty sunrise.off sub but you can get hay here for $40 a bale for 4 by 6s.an thats going to so tx.

bigbull338":fkjnwdg9 said:
now thats a pretty sunrise.off sub but you can get hay here for $40 a bale for 4 by 6s.an thats going to so tx.
Wednesday morning about 9:30 I took my bull to the sale. Their were 4 semi loads setting in the parking lot. Several people were looking at it. I unloaded, went home and went back at noon for the sale. Their were 5 semi loads their. Started raining around 2 and left about 2:30, they were still their. I appears it is getting harder to move hay in our area but still plenty of hay going west and south.

Got another 2/10ths last night. A little every few days without 100 degree temps is begining to look pretty good.

Latest posts